Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Crossing the Red – Finale

Crossing the Red – Finale

The route resumes at Busselton (YBLN) and proceeds north with stops at Myalup(YZMY), Wheeler Field(YZWH), Murray Field (YMUL) before arriving and regrouping at Jandakot (YPJT).   Departing Jandakot we will tour greater Perth, heading first towards the Swan River at Heirisson Island, turning at the Cricket Grounds towards Perth’s central business district, and then turning to the southwest at Barracks Arch, past the War Memorial and the following the Swan to the port area of Freemantle   Fremantle.   Heading out over the Indian Ocean for another 12 miles, we will finish at Rottnest Island (YRTI), thus concluding the 2020 Crossing the Red.  Bravo Zulu to all participants who joined in on this adventure.

Documentation
The plan and pilots guide can be found here.

Scenery Notes:

Aircraft:   We will finish the way we started in Tiger Moths or best equivalent for low / slow / formation fun.

zM3nTBS.jpg

Start Time of 15:30 local should give us nice afternoon light for the finish at Rottnest Island.

Particulars
•    Date and time: Apr 4, 2020  1800 UTC  (2pm EDT, 1pm CDT, 12pm MDT, and 11am PDT.)
•    Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
•    Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
•    Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Well, "until next time."

Next year we do Perth to Sydney in our Tiger Moths. 😎

• Like 3

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

How can something so basic be so enjoyable?
It mimics what we have these days... The small things.
Anyway, THANKS for the flight(s) Jeff!
Magnificent, mind-blowing, majestic, moving! ( and many other non-"M" synonyms! - lol )
My front seater, Nigel Tufnel, took 96 photos with his brownie camera 😲 . Only 54 (plus a couple of easter eggs) turned out. 😭  
You may view them here if interested.

Have a good evening/morning..
See most of you tomorrow,
Stay Healthy!

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, jt_williams said:

Swan to the port area of Freemantle.

Sorry to be pedantic, but its spelt Fremantle , lived there for many years 😉

Edited by Freo

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On 4/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, Freo said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but its spelt Fremantle , lived there for many years 😉

Thanks. Corrected Now 🙃

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png