Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

Black window when undocking 2nd RXP unit (530)?

I've Brad at RSG and with Keven for ChasePlane but I've ruled those groups out as the source of my issue:

Sort video of the problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VWGThsxqSM6_clpQigwQMBaU7mLCKZt6

I didn't use ChasePlane but the problem persists, black RXP 530 Window.  Here is the setup:

A2A Bonanza configured to use RXP 750 only.

RXP setup added 750 as Unit#1 (no bezel) Master with NAV1 ... all good

RXP setup added 530 as Unit#2 (no bezel) not master with NAV2 ... window appears and displays correctly, but as soon as I "undock" the window it goes black (making it impossible to view on my RSG 530 display).

Now, if I set the RXP 530 to Unit#1 (no bezel) then the 530 displays correctly, HOWEVER, because I now have two "Unit#1" RXP devices (the 750 and 530 both set to Unit#1) that causes duplication conflicts such that if I press the Direct To button on the 530, I'll get the Direct To page popup in both the RXP 530 AND 750.  

So I'm stuck at this point.  Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Bump

I've read thru the numerous "black screen" threads in regards to RXP, I just want to be clear this is NOT the same situation. 

Per my video, I get a black window ONLY when I undock Unit#2 (RXP 530), it works fine if it is docked (but obviously I can't move a docked window).  Nothing odd in the .log files either.  The trigger to this problem is:

1.  When adding the 530 set it as Unit#2.

2.  Undock the 530 window

I know there are a lot of other "Black screen" threads but this issue I'm having is not related to those.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

You are right this has nothing to do with 'black screen' issues sometimes reported. 

This might be a bug we've introduced in a recent update and we'll cross check this. Please understand there could be a sight unusual delay because of the confinement situation.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Understand and appreciate you taking a look at this issue.

Cheers, Rob.