Sign in to follow this  
Chase

In memory of Jim Young

I met Jim at the last flightsim conference held in Connecticut (KBDL) a few years ago.  He was quite friendly and pleasant to talk with, but he also seemed just as no-nonsense in person as he might have been out here - he was genuine. He was also very dedicated to AVSIM, especially after Tom's passing.

My condolences as well to all of his family and friends.

-Greg

I'm very sorry to read of Jim's passing.  My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.  Life, so fragile and fleeting. 😢

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I am shocked.  Saddened. Jim was a valuable member, contributor, and leader.  Wow!  Oh My!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Our most sincere condolences to Jim's family and friends.

Jim Young was a kind, generous and competent leader in the Flight Simulation universe. I had the wonderful opportunity to having served together alongside him in service to AVSIM and have never seen a more professional dedicated leader at work.

He was the right man at the right place at the right time. Jim Young will be remembered for his competence, his judicial use of authority, and his gracious manners. His loyalty as a faithful friend to me never faltered.

Farewell friend Jim.

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Edited by SpiritFlyer
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Blues skies with good Winds Mr. Young and thank you once again for help throughout the years. 

This is very sad news. Jim was a very well respected member of this community, and he will be deeply missed :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So sorry to hear this.

My condolences.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Certainly a huge shock to me. I was totally unaware that he was ill. Whilst I pass on my sincere condolences to family and friends, this man and his contribution to AVSIM and its community will be remembered long after most of us have departed this mortal coil. I can only hope that I will meet him there.

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

R.I.P Jim his sig has helped so many flight sim users will be sadly missed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The Moses of Avsim. Saw the promised land but didn't get to enter it. A kind and gracious individual. RIP

• Like 1