Sign in to follow this  
Chase

In memory of Jim Young

This is very sad news

I met Jim a couple of times but I knew him more via the Forum and his contributions.

He was a gentle soul and very helpful with patience and knowledge.

He will be greatly missed

My God bless his soul

My condolences to the family

Bill Hagag

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Rest in peace Jim and God bless. Fly high.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Interesting timing for such an announcement given today's date.🤔

If true, however, very sad news!

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

Blue skies & tailwinds, Mr. Young!

Thank you for your dedication to AVSIM and flight simulations

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Ugh, another gut wrenching event. Jim, I always enjoyed your perspective on things around here. Thank you for all your contributions but mostly your steady hand. Rest in peace brother.

Greg G

Rockingham, VT

• Like 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

A man of impeccable character and patience.  He will be missed. Praying for his family during this time of grief.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

How awful. Respect and condolences to his family.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Really sad news and codolences to his family.

A huge help on the forums and will be sadly missed by the community.

Rest in peace

Edited by Steve_Ellis

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I didn't personally  knew Jim ,but i`ve been at avsim for over 20 years ..because of people like him..

RIP Jim

Stef 

Edited by Stefti
edit
  • Like 1

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

Sad to lose Jim. Pray comfort to his family who I am sure will miss him as we in the flight sim community will.

Vic green

Jim's memory will live on at AVSIM in the countless members that he's helped over the years. He was incredibly generous with his time and knowledge and was very often the first to jump in to help users with whatever they needed. If he couldn't help he was quick to point folks in the direction where they could find answers. He was always kind, never judgmental or critical no matter how basic or uninformed a member's question was.

We can all actively remember him and show appreciation for his many and varied contributions to this community by treating others here with the same respect, caring and dignity that Jim modeled. 

I will miss him a lot.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

My thoughts, and prayers to his family. He e- mailed me  a while back. Very sincere  man.RIP Jim.