Sign in to follow this  
Chase

In memory of Jim Young

I just read these terrible and sad news.. I spoke to Jim on many occasions and he helped me to get started as a developer for this wonderful hobby.

Jim was indeed very dedicated to Avsim and will be very much missed.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Kind Regards,

Raul

• Like 3

Jim was always very cordial to me and a really dedicated simmer.

He will be missed..

My condelescences to his family,

BobM.

Bob M

Jim often corrected me when I wrote something that didn't correspond to avsim's policy, and I was never offended with him, he was always right. .

His contribution to our community is simply invaluable, and his knowledge of our simulators has always been at the highest level. He very often helped us all in our hobby.

I will miss him very much.

For me now when I come in avsim.com, Jim will always be somewhere nearby and I will think a hundred times that my messages did not upset him and were within the policy avsim.com.

My condolences to his family and the entire community.

Nick

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

giphy.webp

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

RIP, Jim. To the family: We share in your loss. He was a great American and appreciated by all that knew him.

Sincerely,

Bill W.

Wow this is a shock. RIP, condolences from Portugal.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Sad news.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

I am saddened to learn of this, having met Jim and spent time talking with him regarding all things flight sim and AVSIM related.  He will be missed immensely by many, and most definitely by myself.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I am stunned. I just dropped in here to dig up more on moving to X-Plane, only to come across this.sad, sad news.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who was so much a part of the 'furniture' of an organization before, but he was certainly that to Avsim, and the daily input, help and enthusiasm he put into the dozens of forums here will be hard to match.

My condolences to his friends and family. Jim will be missed.  . 

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Condolences to Jim's family. He helped me solve the biggest CTD mystery I ever had. He was to the point and dedicated his time to help me a total stranger.

This is very sad indeed... blue skies to you, Jim. Say hello to Tom... you'll be missed.

Enrique Vaamonde

For Jim's family:

Jim was leader and fantastic supporter of our large flight simulation community.

We come from everywhere in the World and it's the passion for simulation what keeps us together.

Few or us are computer gamers per se. Instead, we are interested in learning new things, getting to know the world, learning in detail how planes fly and how the aviation industry as a whole keeps folks flying safely. We also like to virtually visit places we have been before, heard about, or would like to see. 

All the best for Jim is new place and lots of comfort for his family !

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D (N712D)Alvaro Escorcia OMAA

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K