Sign in to follow this  
Chase

In memory of Jim Young

Um Ray, I think you have your "Youngs" mixed up. Rob Young ex-RealAir is not the same person as Jim Young, the late Administrator of AVSIM.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Jim was one of the best tech supporters around and a pillar of AVSIM. Very sorry to hear about this. Thank you Jim, forever young.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

16 hours ago, n4gix said:

Um Ray, I think you have your "Youngs" mixed up. Rob Young ex-RealAir is not the same person as Jim Young, the late Administrator of AVSIM.

Hi n4gix,

Oh dear I am so sorry - my eyes are not what they were.  Glad it's not Rob, but terrible news all the same.

ray

That's okay Ray. I'm about half-blind myself. :huh:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow! So sad 😞

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Terribly sad news. To say Jim will be missed is an understatement. He was a great contributor to our hobby. I only personally came into contact with Jim in the Avsim forum. I always felt his contributions were positive, beneficial and above all fair.

Thank you Jim.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

For as long as I have been involved with flightsimming I have known Jim's name and seen many of his posts over the years.  Another big name in the community gone.  

The best thing we can do for Jim and Tom is keep Avsim alive

RIP Jim.

Erich

• Upvote 2

So sorry to hear this news. I never met Jim, or spoke to him on the phone, but he did answer many questions for me through the years, both here on the Forum, and through PMs and felt that we were friends for a long time. He will be missed.

My condolences to his family.

RIP, my friend.

Howard

Thank you for your contribution to the flight sim community.  Over the years, I had brief conversations with him over the years.  Few years ago, I started to use creative ways to get my point across with creative profanity.  Jim actually banned me for a day.  I actually wrote him a private message apologizing about creative profanity as I actually increased his work load on here - and it was a Sunday; he even replied back and said that he was so impressed that I took the time to apologize about it.

I have the email saved here and I will miss him on the forums.

Rest in Peace - Jim.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

God Bless Him,

My condolences to his family.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

What a sad thing to be reading about the passing of Jim.  He was a straight shooter and spoke from his heart which was always in the right place.  I'm sure I brushed past Jim in Connecticut at FSCon and when I had realized it was too late and I could not find him.  I wish that I had spoken to him that weekend.

Rest in peace Jim.  My heartfelt condolences to Jim's family.

Robert

CYVR

\Robert Hamlich/

I’ve just been told of Jim’s untimely death elsewhere as I rarely visit this sub forum. I’m genuinely shocked because it’s only been a couple of weeks since I last saw posts from him.

He was one of the most helpful people on AvSim I’ve known. His CTD Guide is indispensable and he helped so many people including myself who were having problems.

His contributions to our hobby were so valuable. I never met him but he always came across as a nice person. My condolences to his family.

It must be an awful time for them but I hope that should they read these posts it will give them some comfort that so many of us truly appreciated Jim’s contribution to our hobby.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather