Sign in to follow this  

ORBX LOWI

HI All,

With the ORBX sale, I'm considering getting ORBX LOWI, however with MSFS near and the "Priority Airports" they have, that will be modeled in even higher detail, surely the money spent will just be useless as it is VERY unlikely that they would not include Innsbruck in that category.

Any thoughts or other ORBX airports that you would recommend?

24 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

HI All,

With the ORBX sale, I'm considering getting ORBX LOWI, however with MSFS near and the "Priority Airports" they have, that will be modeled in even higher detail, surely the money spent will just be useless as it is VERY unlikely that they would not include Innsbruck in that category.

This a must have on my side and if its on sale i will recommend it . low and slow or jets , its perfect

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well, i´am not sure when i´ll migrate to FS2020 if so, and these are my thoughts.

1.  actually it´s absolutely not clear when it will released. Could be around Christmas or even next year.

2. i don´t think that i will change immediately, because i don´t believe that the first release has no bugs and i prefer to let it saddle a bit, and wait unless the minor bugs will be resolved

3. actually it´s not clear what exact hardware is needed to get all that eyecandy working without stutters. If you may need to turn down the settings that the appearance is not so much different to a well customized P3D, what if?

4. Because i´am using a full hardware homecockpit i would need to find our how it copes with the FS only as the image generator.

5. I´am really glad to hear that MS will implement all the features for what we have used Add-ons the last 25 years. Like GSX, ATC, Photorealistic airports, weather engine, AI-traffic etc. And they get all my respect if they really cope with that.  I´am just wondering how they will handle all that different challenges.

Therefore the upcoming FS2020 does NOT prevent me from purchasing well done scenery which i can use in the next days and months. At present at least.

So go for it as i do and also support the developers who deserve it that way.  

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

56 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

surely the money spent will just be useless

well, then don't spend it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canine Crew said:

HI All,

LOWI is amazing! Heck LOWI is so good I bought it twice (P3D & XP11.) 😀

ESNQ, ESSA, and LEBB are also bargains at 50% off.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I do hope for your sake MSFS is not another FSX after release the flack on the forums was worse than the blitz.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

however with MSFS near

How near how far. Who knows only Asobo. Buy LOWI and enjoy it. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

surely the money spent will just be useless as it is VERY unlikely that they would not include Innsbruck in that category.

If you buy LOWI now and you do not use it a single minute from now till MS2020 is released, yes, then it might be "money spent useless". However, there are still some months to go until MS2020 hits the market and for sure at least one year until eventually a LOWI rendition is released that tops the current one. I guess spending some 20-30$ for an airport that then can be used in a working simulator for at least one year is not really what you consider "spent useless", no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

LOWi is currently only AUD19.98 so it isn't going to break the bank for something that will probably last a year or maybe two before MSFS is up and running with all the high quality P3D stuff we grown used to converted to it.  The only thing I would say is that it's an airport which I guess is busiest (if you ply real-world schedules), prettiest and most challenging in the winter.

LEBB Bilboa is the reverse: busiest in the summer and is stunning.

2019-5-16-13-38-9-817.jpg

2019-5-16-13-42-16-816.jpg

2019-5-16-13-47-2-339.jpg

2019-5-16-13-47-58-426.jpg

2019-5-16-13-48-44-761.jpg

Edited by ailchim
More pics
  • Like 3

ngxu_banner.png

These topics are hilarious...one would think  that once the holy FS20 gets released, it instantly renders all things P3D and its add-ons useless.  

Guys, I get the point.  I’ve been simming since subLogic on a C64 and been through ever single MS product. Sure, I hope its groundbreaking...but right now, fly what you got, you’re most likely stuck at home anyway and these beatiful addons can be had for cheap!  LOWI, ESSA, EGLC, YMML,....awesome airports.  Heck I’m even buying Australia v2.  

Best, 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating