Sign in to follow this  
ManFlxSrsRwy

Laggy GTN 750 (resolved)

Hi i just purchased the GTN 750 for P3D v4, it's great but there's one thing i can't figure out, i run my sim at 60fps fixed, so everything run smooth, the only thingh that doesn't is the GTN, i've seen some videos on youtube and the GTN run smooth within the different pages but not on my system, thank you.

Edited by Mangopro

More info would help us help you. There are MANY here that very successfully use the GTN750 in a variety of aircraft without issue. 

Suggest providing system specs, aircraft GTN installed into and exactly what you are experiencing that is "laggy". Happy to try to help.

Bruce

• Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Hi Bruce, thank you for the reply.

I'll try to describe the problem, the whole GTN interface looks like is running with low frame rates and thus lags for everything that you do, for example the transition effects between the different pages or let's say you are in map mode and you scroll it, the animation isn't smooth but it's laggy, so the response time is much lower, not to the point that it's unusable but still is frustrating.

Here ar my specs:

Intel Core i7-9700

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 ti

16Gb Ram DDR4 1666 CL16 Dual Rank

500Gb Ssd Samsung 860 Evo

Edited by Mangopro

Hi,

Thank you for the video, this explains it very well.

Are you using any form of "process lasso" kind of tool?

Did you 'boost' the P3D process priority?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

9 hours ago, Mangopro said:

here is a video better describing the problem:

https://streamable.com/q5uci4

Looks pretty good to me, actually..   Try assigning the GTN to a lightly used CPU core and see if that changes things at all..

Otherwise, I would be happy flying with the GTN as shown.. :happy:

Bert

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I agree with Bert on the assessment of performance in the video. I have similar system specs. I can say that I set an affinity mask in the Prepar3D.cfg of 65492  [1111 1111 1101 0100] and I run my add ons like ASP4, RTSS, SPAD, FFTF all on the first 2 LPs using FSUIPC to start them with an AM=x3. I leave the GTN affinity on the auto [by default].

I also set my TV monitor to 60hz but I use RTSS to set Scanline sync x/2  -1.  All of these things and others can affect the video rendering. 

I'll try to make a video for you but when I drag the map display as you did I get pretty much the same response. In real life I haven't flown with a GTN only the GNS430 so I can't say how different it is from RL.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Hi Bruce no need to sorry, thank you very much for the suggestions i'll try with your settings and let you know and i really like the idea of a video since i'm certainly no expert in this type of things, thanks!

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Try assigning the GTN to a lightly used CPU core and see if that changes things at all..

Hi Bert thank you for joining, do you know what is the file for changing the GTN Affinity Mask? Thank you!

Edited by Mangopro

2 hours ago, Mangopro said:

Hi Bert thank you for joining, do you know what is the file for changing the GTN Affinity Mask? Thank you!

For testing, you can change the affinity, using task manager.

For permanent changes, the rxp ini file for the airplane.

Bert

Here's a video for you.

If you want to assign an affinity to the GTN add in the [GTN_750_1] section (or the_X for the desired GTN unit). See pg 15 of the RXP GTN manual.

CpuAffinity = 1 (to assign to the first LP if you use the AM that I use above for P3D. Otherwise select the desired LP 1 - 16 in your case with HT on.

Alright i tried to play around with some settings but turns out CpuAffinity = -1 is the best settings in term of performance.

• Like 2