Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

PMDG long hauler sale - 25% off (not an April Fools joke)

777, 747 and DC-6 on sale

www.pmdg.com

Enjoy!

Dan

• Like 2

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Too bad they are not selling MD-11s.

Can anybody tell me why PMDG stopped selling MD-11s when they could have let it continue selling which could have resulted into earning nice extra revenues.  Struck me strange PMDG pulled MD-11 out of market.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

14 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Too bad they are not selling MD-11s.

Can anybody tell me why PMDG stopped selling MD-11s when they could have let it continue selling which could have resulted into earning nice extra revenues.  Struck me strange PMDG pulled MD-11 out of market.

Regards,

Aharon

Because, when you sell a product, customers expect support for that product.

Supporting a product, which hasn't been maintained in years and years isn't a wise decision. The revenues generated from a legacy product aimed at an outdated sim will be minimal.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, flightskyc said:

Because, when you sell a product, customers expect support for that product.

Supporting a product, which hasn't been maintained in years and years isn't a wise decision. The revenues generated from a legacy product aimed at an outdated sim will be minimal.

Au contraire... supporting a product that hasn’t been maintained in years and years means that there are no new features to troubleshoot, just the same issues that existed years and years ago 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Au contraire... supporting a product that hasn’t been maintained in years and years means that there are no new features to troubleshoot, just the same issues that existed years and years ago 🤣

Exactly, so that’s going to cost the business $$ to do that, with little to zero revenue from sales of the product ;)

AFAIK a developer that apparently owns the code of said addon left and that's why there's no new MD-11.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Apparently doesn't apply to X-Plane DC6. The discount would apply when I added a P3D version to the cart, but would not apply when i added the X-Plane version to the cart.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Wouldn’t waste my money, they are the kings of milking their customers dry.

For example they continue to sell an old B777 at full price normally that hasn’t been updated for several years despite promises to the contrary and ban you for voicing your concerns - its scandalous that they can operate and fleece unsuspecting purchasers that way.

Purchase at your own risk - as for Robert he is a rude, abusive ....name not allowed. He can take a long walk off a short pier.

• Like 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Wouldn’t waste my money, they are the kings of milking their customers dry.

For example they continue to sell an old B777 at full price normally that hasn’t been updated for several years despite promises to the contrary and ban you for voicing your concerns - its scandalous that they can operate and fleece unsuspecting purchasers that way.

Purchase at your own risk - as for Robert he is a rude, abusive ....name not allowed. He can take a long walk off a short pier.

But they do make a good product though, you don’t get skunked with a half fast product when purchasing their aircraft.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

Apparently doesn't apply to X-Plane DC6. The discount would apply when I added a P3D version to the cart, but would not apply when i added the X-Plane version to the cart.

Not only that, but I just noticed something else... While I don-t have too much sympathy for these folks, and consider them to be money grabbers, are you telling me they charge you separately for the same plane and same sim, but different OS now..? Seriously..?

Mgard78,

"Not only that, but I just noticed something else... While I don-t have too much sympathy for these folks, and consider them to be money grabbers, are you telling me they charge you separately for the same plane and same sim, but different OS now..? Seriously..?"

I am not following you mate, who in this thread has mentioned different Operating Systems. Offhand, I cannot think of any developer who routinely offers the same aircraft to operate on all platforms, but specifically, P3D an Xplane.

However, even if you are talking about the operating systems ...  Windows 7,8,10, Linux or Mac there have to be many variables in producing a finished product in 32 or 64bit or totally different operating systems.

Getting back to PMDG though, I think you would be hard pushed to find a goodly number of users who do NOT like their product. Personally, I think their products, by all accounts, have an exceptional reputation, and one that many developers probably envy, despite the fact that they are, indeed expensive, if you compare them to comparable products ie ZIBO for XPlane or even FSLabs.

I guess what you pay for and I would be a PMDG owner if I was not a pensioner with limited and ever decreasing fiscal resources.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Mgard78,

"Not only that, but I just noticed something else... While I don-t have too much sympathy for these folks, and consider them to be money grabbers, are you telling me they charge you separately for the same plane and same sim, but different OS now..? Seriously..?"

I am not following you mate, who in this thread has mentioned different Operating Systems. Offhand, I cannot think of any developer who routinely offers the same aircraft to operate on all platforms, but specifically, P3D an Xplane.

However, even if you are talking about the operating systems ...  Windows 7,8,10, Linux or Mac there have to be many variables in producing a finished product in 32 or 64bit or totally different operating systems.

Getting back to PMDG though, I think you would be hard pushed to find a goodly number of users who do NOT like their product. Personally, I think their products, by all accounts, have an exceptional reputation, and one that many developers probably envy, despite the fact that they are, indeed expensive, if you compare them to comparable products ie ZIBO for XPlane or even FSLabs.

I guess what you pay for and I would be a PMDG owner if I was not a pensioner with limited and ever decreasing fiscal resources.

Regards

Tony

Nobody mentioned different operating systems. I did. I was showing my surprise at how their cash grabbing ways, which I already have an opinion made up about, extends to charging as two different products for the same airplane for the same simulator but running on different operating systems. 

What developer does this for “free”? Hundreds of them, where you buy their product and can choose what OS to run it from. Just as an example, the thousands of game developers who’s game runs on Windows and Mac. 

Plus, you’re forgetting this is an add-on, that runs within the simulator, it’s sdk, etc. This is not bare code running on the OS, which let’s say could have some argument in favor of what you mentioned (yet not to me, as epr the examples I mentioned just now).  

I never said their product was not good, I said I consider them to be one of the greediest developers out there. One thing does not take away from the other. 

This is of course my personal opinion, you and everyone else are of course entitled to have their own. 

Mgard78,

Point taken mate. I was unaware of anyone charging for both systems.  I cannot recall, on my limited range of Payware/freeware, of ever being asked what my OS was. I just pays me munny and download. Electricity here, notwithstanding, these programmes just install into my system, sometimes with some difficulties, but generally, I am only asked where I want to install it.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

16 hours ago, barramundilure said:

ban you for voicing your concerns

as for Robert he is a rude, abusive ....name not allowed. He can take a long walk off a short pier.

You didn't get banned for voicing your concerns, don't be ridiculous. The way you voiced your concerns was hostile from the beginning and after an admittedly somewhat heated reply from Robert you went on an insult spree like a 13 year-old getting killed in Call of Duty which immature doesn't even begin to describe. And now this is at least the second thread here on AVSIM where you continue to insult Robert and the team as soon as the letters PMDG pop up and I don't even want to know what your post would look like if there was no censoring. I'm actually surprised this post hasn't been deleted. And no, I'm not a PMDG word not allowed.

Edit: Apparently the word describing an underaged, male fan of something isn't allowed.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD