Sign in to follow this  
semaj

frequency numbers change (resolved)

I am using the PFC 430, with the hardware drivers installed as well, and the updated version of the gns430. However it doesn't tune all of the ATIS frequencies numbers. It skips quite a few of these. for example if I tune to 125.25 it will jump to 125.30. I'm running windows 10, latest version, FSX deluxe with acceleration pack. Any help, solutions, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by RXP

Hi,

You caught me with this one as I first thought of a bug.

Instead: please configure the GNS to 25Khz frequency spacing, because FSX only supports 25Khz...

You'll might want to read the Garmin Pilot's Guide or peruse the GNS AUX pages to configure this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your quick reply. I have looked where you suggested, but really don't quite understand where to look, or what I'm looking for. I'm an old man still simming. Thank you.

4 hours ago, semaj said:

Thank you for your quick reply. I have looked where you suggested, but really don't quite understand where to look, or what I'm looking for. I'm an old man still simming. Thank you.

Hi Semaj,
I am another user like you.  To set the frequency setting, first make sure the GNS is not in the mode waiting for you to select a specific setting.  A good screen to start on is Nav map screen with an arc.  When there, use the lower right outer knob and right and left clicks to navigate the choices.  Move to the Aux menu.  The menus cycle from NAV to WPT to AUX and then to NRST. The Menus available appear in the blue bar just below the GNS screen,  Aux is what you want.  When there, left-click on the center of the inner knob where it says "Push Crsr".  That will highlight the top option, "CDI / Alarms".  Use the outer knob to scroll down to the last setting, "COM Configuration" to highlight it. Then click the ENT key on the GNS.  That will open the settings for you.  See my images below.

image.png.6c20897d1883a390c40bb7dfb915d7b4.png    image.png

image.png.6fa89987c1ca8b7e0bcc8edad62dc760.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

No it is not resolved yet. Again, if I tune to 124.25, and want to tune to 124.30, it will jump to 124.35, or 124.40. It doesn't tune to 5 increments at a time. The legacy unit never done this. Thank you.

I have absolutely no difficulty tuning as you mention.  These are RXP GNS v2 in a Milviz BE55 Baron.  See my screen capture.  Have you tried different aircraft?  Perhaps something in an aircraft model is thwarting the tuning.  My experience as a fellow user is that what you are having as an issue is not occurring with other users that I am aware of.

image.png.c5c334155aadd3c92da32e0a5d30089d.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

1. Can you confirm you've setup the GNS to 25Khz when it is 'jumping' over the expected frequency?
  2. Are you sure there isn't another add-on involved in the middle, like FSUIPC or more simply the aircraft gauges themselves?

Again, P3D/FltSim is not capable of handling 8.33 Khz (unlike X-Plane).

Please note: some frequencies are unavailable when in 8.33Khz mode. I've found a post with more details and pictures/charts here:
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/120341-radio-frequency/&tab=comments#comment-1161715

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)