Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Hamburg to the German North Sea Islands

Ortho4XP and VFR scenery from the org

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-15-23-45.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-15-23-46.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-15-23-47.jpg

Finkenwerder (upper left) is after Toulouse one of the major Airbus factories in Europe

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-15-23-48.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-15-23-55.jpg

Flying down the river Elbe towards the North Sea

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-04.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-07.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-10.jpg

One of the East-Frisian Islands that dot Germany’s North Sea coast

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-14.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-15.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-18.jpg

Cessna-310-R-2020-02-16-00-21.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 5

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wonderful trip! Amazing sights! Thanks for posting this.

John

Very nice shots of port of Hamburg...!

Those "crane" things for loading/unloading ships...look the best I've seen in the SIM....(Your close fly-by of the twin must have startled the workers there...🙂...!)...

And, Elbe towards the North Sea...also good to see, must be a wonderful trip (SIM/RW), as John said above,...don't see that part, here, much in SIM either...

Many thanks, John and P_7878 for your comments

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

BTW, Bernd, I thought I should mention here...

I now recall, a close (acquaintance couple of mine), from FL, who had, last year, taken a tour of Germany along River Danube, but, they had, themselves, rented a power-boat, there, and had navigated the river on their own...their account/video was quite fascinating...a (major) river cruise, at their own control, and they as "pilot", quite a different experience from traveling in train/plane...especially through the small river-bank towns...! Particularly, I recall video-clips of the "transit" of their boat, through the (narrow) lock-gates, at a few places, with the water level rising and falling...to let the boat through...(could not have been an easy task, if you ask me).... Of course, here, you're flying the Elbe, but, surely, the Elbe must also allow for such cruises and things....

Edited by P_7878

Oh yes, P_7878, absolutely. I did once many, many, many moons ago a similar trip along the Danube from the German town Passau to Vienna in Austria. But I did not use a power boat, but a rowing boat. Together with seven likeminded friends from our local rowing club we rented two rowing boats in Passau and rowed all the way to Vienna. Took us some four weeks. One day we rowed, the other day we tried to experience the local pub and restaurant scene. As you can imagine, on occasion it was a bit difficult to get up in the morning and force yourself to row again 😄😄

• Upvote 1

Interesting recollections, Bernd! Yes, Pubs, hangovers, and "rowing" in the morning....oh well...🙂...

Talking of such things, I recount a couple of more things, from the above river-cruise reference:

At times, literally, folks would be sitting outside in their backyards/porches, when the boat would be passing through small towns...(imagine that happening in a plane and train journey...!)...and they would occasionally invite them over, for a drink or some food, while neither side would be able to properly speak the other's side's language, if you know, what I mean, but one thing that didn't involve any language-barrier is the common interest of having a drink of (German) brew...🙂...what I was told...

• Like 1

😁😁😁