Sign in to follow this  
light_blue_yonder

Separate Steering Option

I've recently noticed a new option in the NGXu where you can assign a separate tiller axis to the rudder axis and replicate the real aircraft controls.

The next logical step was to dive into the 777 to setup the same system, but there was nothing there. I went through the PMDG manual, but couldn't find anything.

Is this a feature that's available on the 777 as well or no? If not, is there any plan to bring it in a future update? Seems like a small thing, but I am absolutely in love with it!

Thanks!

Edit: I also scoured the PMDG update posts. It seems like there is a *major* update coming, with things like improved ground handling physics, etc. but no *specific* mention of this feature. Hence I decided to ask here.

Edited by light_blue_yonder

Haoning Qu

First read this.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/54230-01apr20-a-few-updates-but-still-no-fooling-about

A while back Rob posted on the work flow for PMDG. There is a lot there. 747 is back in beta now. The 777 is the oldest of the three. The new steering was introduced with the NGXu, so it and the new ground physics that come with it are in the works. Keep in mind that GFO is also looming.

Also:  https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/51627-07mar20-your-weekend-update-a-bit-of-777-goodness

Edited by Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

I have actually read both of those posts; I just needed someone to confirm that my interpretations are correct. Yes, I'm that into this new ground physics model, don't judge me. PMDG has spoiled me into wanting more and more over the years. 😆 Thanks for the confirmation!

Haoning Qu

The Taxi/ground physics continues to be developed at this time it evolving. It's NOT a small thing. Thats all I can say due to the NDA.

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

On 4/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, Snowfalcon said:

The Taxi/ground physics continues to be developed at this time it evolving. It's NOT a small thing. Thats all I can say due to the NDA.

Totally understand, I just can't wait to have it. Once I've tasted it in the NGXu, I want it in the 777 as well. 😆

Haoning Qu

As I stated it's evolving. The steering just took several leaps forward in the update of the QOTS II 747. Some of those may be folded back into the NGXu as it moves to v5 as well.

The 777 needs a lot of love. There is going to be a lot of work to bring it up to where the NGXu and QOTS are at, not to mention bringing it into GFO as well.

Again NDA, but hang in there things are going to get really good moving foward. 

On 4/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, light_blue_yonder said:

I've recently noticed a new option in the NGXu where you can assign a separate tiller axis to the rudder axis and replicate the real aircraft controls.

The next logical step was to dive into the 777 to setup the same system, but there was nothing there. I went through the PMDG manual, but couldn't find anything.

Is this a feature that's available on the 777 as well or no? If not, is there any plan to bring it in a future update? Seems like a small thing, but I am absolutely in love with it!

Thanks!

Edit: I also scoured the PMDG update posts. It seems like there is a *major* update coming, with things like improved ground handling physics, etc. but no *specific* mention of this feature. Hence I decided to ask here.

You can assign a spare axis to the P3Dv4 axis steering set and it will be used as a tiller input, separate from the rudder. Not perfect but it works for now until PMDG are able to get the 777 tiller steering updated. Its not in the manual but that doesn't mean you can't do it.

ki9cAAb.jpg