Sign in to follow this  
simtom

New Alpha build released to testers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

There is some cool things on patch notes, but it’s public information? Because I don’t know where this has been updated (external, insider or alpha testers), so I better wait before pasting anything. 

Edited by aleex

Yeah it's public. i doubt it's a mistake, it says there's more detailed information available elsewhere. They probably want to be transparent with the basics.

Then this:

Wind impact now on grass and trees

Night lighting Improvements

Added night lighting to buildings in photogrammetric cities where there was none before

Improvements to street lights

Sounds promising! 

• Like 4

The notes are public at flightsimulator.com   And there are a ton of details.  It is going to take me quite a while to go through and digest it all.

Still no Airliners in the Alpha build.

World

Water improvements: Update on ocean to improve numerous reported elevation issues
Visual improvements have been made on grass
Improvements on vegetation
Biomes
Tree Visuals
Offline textures improvement
Wind impact now on grass and trees
Updated our auto-generation of the buildings in the world to be more realistic in representation
Night lighting Improvements
Added night lighting to buildings in photogrammetric cities where there was none before
Improvements to street lights
Added wind turbines

Edited by GlideBy

Sounds like Frankfurt is officially one of the 'Detailed' airports!  So is O'Hare, but we already knew about ORD.

Oh man, the only thing I gather from this is a recollection of how freaking difficult it is to make a quality flight simulator. Just look at all the issues that they already are aware of. That, is hard work. Full respect to the developers out there, knee deep in code.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

How do you know if you've been selected as an alpha tester? I heard that they're suppose to be sending out a new round of invites this week. I signed up for it when it was announced over a week ago. I didn't receive anything in my email. For those of you who have been selected, could you tell me where to check to know if you've been selected? Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They're still working but they're doing so safely. Can't argue with that.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I heard that they're suppose to be sending out a new round of invites this week.

You heard wrong.

All they said was that they would be updating us on their selection process after this week's build went out. So I expect an update tomorrow with the normal weekly update.

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I didn't receive anything in my email. For those of you who have been selected, could you tell me where to check to know if you've been selected?

You'll get an e-mail saying when you get in. You won't get one for signing up.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2