Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

wow! no threads about Matt and PF?

Seeing all the hullaballoo over on FSElite , I'm gobsmacked there isn't a hint of discussion about it here!?  Do I have to go to FSElite for all my entertainment now? 😛🤣

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Be careful about what you wish, Kevin 😇. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

He deserves no attention.

PTA users has their official forum on Avsim and he hasn't been logged in since November last year...luckily we have Tomatoshade instead.  PTA is dead for me.

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

He hasn't been logged in since November last year...

I've not seen him on vatsim for a while either... 

14ppkc-6.png

55 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I've not seen him on vatsim for a while either... 

That's because he was caught using highly inappropriate language on one of his streams. He's been banned.

• Like 1

It's a great shame that it has all come to this, because I used to enjoy watching Matt's YouTube videos. They covered a large variety of payware airliners and airports, and despite the negative opinions that many people now have of the guy, I personally think that his flight presentations were very watchable and interesting. I have no interest in stuff like ProjectFly or PTA, so I have avoided the drama that gets people like Kevin so worked up :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

the drama that gets people like Kevin so worked up :wink:

Gotta have some light entertainment in this lockdown @Christopher Low

I too found Matt quite listenable, it's a quality he possesses that serves him well, but I find his business acumen lacking.  I made the decision not to invest in anything he was involved in ages ago so I have no dog in this particular game, just enjoying the melee from the sidelines.  

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

28 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I made the decision not to invest in anything he was involved in ages ago so I have no dog in this particular game.

Yes spot on, Matt "wack a mole" Davies pops up and vanishes , pops up then vanishes, with his never ending victim drama.

Its all the same thing running year after year with invest money in another scheme or product  or promises followed by him going AWOL

At least the serial drama in its 10th season is free....his products aint free.

Buyer beware

42 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Gotta have some light entertainment in this lockdown @Christopher Low

I too found Matt quite listenable, it's a quality he possesses that serves him well, but I find his business acumen lacking.  I made the decision not to invest in anything he was involved in ages ago so I have no dog in this particular game, just enjoying the melee from the sidelines.  

I must have missed this, what has happened now?  I thought he was out of PTA etc. last October.

I also just perused the FSElite site and couldn't find the story, and google failed me also.  Admittedly, I'm in a hurry.  Do you have a link to whatever earth shaking event has happened?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 minutes ago, Mace said:

I must have missed this, what has happened now?  I thought he was out of PTA etc. last October.

I also just perused the FSElite site and couldn't find the story, and google failed me also.  Admittedly, I'm in a hurry.  Do you have a link to whatever earth shaking event has happened?

https://fselite.net/originals/no-joke-projectfly-is-seeking-even-more-money/

• Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Ah ok, thanks.  I saw that article but I thought it was an April Fool's joke and didn't tie it to MD / PTA and all of that.

2000 pounds sterling a month sounds like a lot for a server or space / hosting etc.  Are things that high in the UK?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 hours ago, Mace said:

Ah ok, thanks.  I saw that article but I thought it was an April Fool's joke and didn't tie it to MD / PTA and all of that.

2000 pounds sterling a month sounds like a lot for a server or space / hosting etc.  Are things that high in the UK?

No but 1 dollar a month isn't much to be fair. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Ironically, the closing words of the FSElite comment on all this is 'ProjectFLY is a great tool' Yup, it certainly is, but not in the way they meant. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sim Took Kit Pro is a great alternative that is very similar it seems, as well as the many virtual airlines so there is plenty of choices. Nothing to get worked up over.  

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 hours ago, Mace said:

Project Fly often has more active users in a month than VATSIM or IVAO with associated costs. Why the ongoing need to pay bills comes as a surprise to some I'm not sure.

People, like some in this thread just don't understand what an insignificant minority they are and want their own drama. The OP being a textbook example.

--

Martyn Pearson