Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

wow! no threads about Matt and PF?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Martyn Pearson said:

Project Fly often has more active users in a month than VATSIM or IVAO with associated costs. Why the ongoing need to pay bills comes as a surprise to some I'm not sure.

People, like some in this thread just don't understand what an insignificant minority they are and want their own drama. The OP being a textbook example.

Martyn, I really don't care a jot whether I'm in the minority or not.  But I do think it's an prime example of an amoral compass for anyone to promise, promise, promise, while not delivering, and then to brag about what car he's bought or how many flying lessons he's had, while continuing to be an epic business fail and at the same time solicit further monies from the community.  The morals are wrong, the optics are wrong, and if you find it objectionable that I might take some solace that FSElite have called him out on this then feel free to donate to PF, and even start your own thread in support of the current situation.  Else wise, glide off and crash-land somewhere else please mate :)

  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX2080Ti

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

Share this post


Link to post

I thought you were referring to this Matt 🗞️

Matt.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

The new sim will be with us soon,  promises, ideas, money, disappearances and then returns with new promises and of course the long running theme of being a victim.

A big new market will be open with Matt frothing at the mouth for a piece of the action.

Drama has only just started

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Martyn, I really don't care a jot whether I'm in the minority or not.  But I do think it's an prime example of an amoral compass for anyone to promise, promise, promise, while not delivering, and then to brag about what car he's bought or how many flying lessons he's had, while continuing to be an epic business fail and at the same time solicit further monies from the community.  The morals are wrong, the optics are wrong, and if you find it objectionable that I might take some solace that FSElite have called him out on this then feel free to donate to PF, and even start your own thread in support of the current situation.  Else wise, glide off and crash-land somewhere else please mate 🙂

I understand your position and I agree with you - at least to a degree. But there's no need to suppress anyone for airing their opinion, just because they don't agree with you. He has every right to express his opinion - just as you do. 🙂

Regarding projectFly... What's going on, does sound a little weird and suspicious, but on the other hand, I don't know anything (or at least not enough) about the circumstances or the reasons for this project to have gone of course. Personally I would withhold judgement of anything until I knew more about them, instead of just jumping on the 'frenzy-train'. 

Now, please note, that I'm not pardoning projectFly or anyone else (as I said above, I don't know any specifics about this project, to make an informed judgement or call, whether or not this is fair or a scam or the like!). I'm just simply saying, that it's much easier, to whip up an atmosphere, light the torches and grabbing the pitchforks, then withholding judgement and looking plainly at what we actually know about this situation. 🙂

Sorry, for being the person, who destroys the 'mood' in here... 

Carry on.

  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--
____________________
Scandinavian VA

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, anden145 said:

I understand your position and I agree with you - at least to a degree. But there's no need to suppress anyone for airing their opinion, just because they don't agree with you. He has every right to express his opinion - just as you do. 🙂

Regarding projectFly... What's going on, does sound a little weird and suspicious, but on the other hand, I don't know anything (or at least not enough) about the circumstances or the reasons for this project to have gone of course. Personally I would withhold judgement of anything until I knew more about them, instead of just jumping on the 'frenzy-train'. 

Now, please note, that I'm not pardoning projectFly or anyone else (as I said above, I don't know any specifics about this project, to make an informed judgement or call, whether or not this is fair or a scam or the like!). I'm just simply saying, that it's much easier, to whip up an atmosphere, light the torches and grabbing the pitchforks, then withholding judgement and looking plainly at what we actually know about this situation. 🙂

Sorry, for being the person, who destroys the 'mood' in here... 

Carry on.

Exactly this.

It's not a binary decision to worship or seek destruction.

OP think he knows the facts, but is getting  confused about knowing his opinion. 

Just try and treat your fellow human being a little better, and if you have nothing good / 'factual' to say, maybe don't bother?

I'm not pro Project Fly, I'm anti people like the OP who provide even less for the community other than maintaining its poor reputation.


--


Martyn Pearson

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand why this product is not just a subscription. If the usage figures are correct just £1 a month wouldn't be enough to frighten people away from using it but would also cover his server costs and them some. That way, everyone gets more than they pay for and he doesn't have to ask for help to cover the cost of keeping it running.

It seems to me that he is trying to be nice by keeping it free but not acknowledging that he can't and is consequently getting dog doo thrown at him. He is now in a position where he is unlikely to win because if he now charges for it, the half of the community that don't realise the economic realities of trying to keep an online product alive will skin him and if he doesn't the product may die and the half willing to pay will skin him. If he had just charged from the start this wouldn't have happened. But then again, you would be amazed at the amount of people that think nothing of buying a bar of chocolate every day for a quid but run a mile if you ask for the same amount a month for an actual service.

The way it has gone is not great, I get that but I don't believe he's scamming anyone. I suspect that he genuinnely has the best of intentions but is not too business savvy and probably too nice and nice gets you nowhere and it certainly gets you into places like this.

The fact is this....The bills need paying. If you think it's worth it then throw him a pound. If you don't then don't. He is not putting his hand in your pocket whilst you're not looking and he's certainly not giving you nothing for your money. Money for services. You are not entitled to the mans work for nothing for the rest of his life.

That's just the way I see it anyway.

  • Upvote 1

                                                     

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Martyn Pearson said:

the OP who provide even less for the community other than maintaining its poor reputation.

You do not know me at all...so I can rest easy knowing that particular comment is meaningless, not to mention inaccurate.


Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX2080Ti

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

You do not know me at all...so I can rest easy knowing that particular comment is meaningless, not to mention inaccurate.

Jeez Kevin, you asked for drama and now you have it. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Jeez Kevin, you asked for drama and now you have it. 

Jay, I feel a certain regret about that, but I'm locked down in a house with 2 small kids trying to homeschool and work full time as well, I need every bit of distraction possible! :D

  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX2080Ti

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

Share this post


Link to post

I've been in our house since the first week of March. But we live in the country. I've only seen UPS and mail people from afar. No one else.  What did they used to say in the UK? Keep a stiff upper lip?  We can do this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, Ilari Kousa said:

That's because he was caught using highly inappropriate language on one of his streams. He's been banned.

He's taken now to endorsing porn hub I think 

  • Like 1

 
 
 
 
v63vq9-5.png

Share this post


Link to post

Guys we have enough misery going on in the world right now. We certainly don't need senseless arguing and personal Insults here. 

This is not the time nor place. 

Thanks for respecting each other

 

  • Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

 $Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    41%
    $10,300.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...