Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

For those who are having issues with 11.50 or those who want to try and see for themselves the performance enhancements.

Back up first! 

Update without plugins, add-on airplanes, and minimal custom scenery. Open XP and enable Vulcan. Exit. 

Then test only with the scenery that you feel is the most demanding.

I started with just global airports and the default XP scenery. Then l added DD NYC and airports. Tested without vulcan and checked the fps. It was a slideshow with main sliders to the right. Pretty much identical to 11.41. I enabled vulcan and I could not believe the fps jump.

FPS doubled and the sim was smooth as silk. 

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

For those who are having issues with 11.50 or those who want to try and see for themselves the performance enhancements.

Back up first! 

Update without plugins, add-on airplanes, and minimal custom scenery. Open XP and enable Vulcan. Exit. 

Then test only with the scenery that you feel is the most demanding.

I started with just global airports and the default XP scenery. Then l added DD NYC and airports. Tested without vulcan and checked the fps. It was a slideshow with main sliders to the right. Pretty much identical to 11.41. I enabled vulcan and I could not believe the fps jump.

FPS doubled and the sim was smooth as silk. 

Same experience here...!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

LOL...thank's...I did a fast  no-RTFM, first run.   I am most impressed with Vulcan!   So really, then is xVision useful any longer?

It should still do other things besides the shaders, however i can't tell you exactly because on my XP vulcan brings a black screen. So there is no point for me to install the new xvision copy too also.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

In  1080P Monitor setup it's running very good. In my config +30% and Xvision no longer needed.

In VR however it's still a big mess with the HP Reverb.

For more VR details see my post in the VR section.

Happy landings....

8 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Glad they finally got it out,I'm not quite ready to move yet and give up Xvision and BluFX settings just yet. Spent months getting it right

If you are happy with your fps, then wait. But, if you need more fps in certain areas, then I would certainly consider checking out 11.50. I don't think that you will miss X-Vision since the sky textures still work and Reshade is simply a better option. The night glow that you get in the distance using reshade is a sight to behold.

11 hours ago, tutmeister said:

All these people posting amazing FPS, what resolution and settings?

Vulkan enabled. Sliders to the right at orbx egcb and true earth on a 4k screen and live overcast struggle to maintain 30fps. Mostly around 27ish. 4.5Ghz, 32GB and 1080ti. Which is pretty much what I had before. Generally I lower settings a but for more fps.

4K is still a strain even in 11.50 - but watch your frametimes for CPU and GPU - additionally to GPU load, X-Plane will demand more CPU time (the higher the screen res) because the autogen draw distance (lot_bias dataref) is bound to screen resolution (effecting in autogen being drawn further out when using 4K) - what I am trying to say, usually you would expect GPU load to go up exclusively when raising resolutions. However, in X-Plane, CPU load is also increased. This has be be considered when tweaking for best performance.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Spent the morning with Vulcan.   There seems to be some problems.  For one thing...after about 20 minutes of flying...the much touted sharp focus always maintained in the foreground...ended.  The whole landscape went into soft focus. Stuff like that.  I have reverted back to 1.41 and now my much beloved xVision 1.41 works perfectly again.   I'll let .50 mature....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

20 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Spent the morning with Vulcan.   There seems to be some problems.  For one thing...after about 20 minutes of flying...the much touted sharp focus always maintained in the foreground...ended.  The whole landscape went into soft focus. Stuff like that.  I have reverted back to 1.41 and now my much beloved xVision 1.41 works perfectly again.   I'll let .50 mature....

Sorry to hear this. I flew around TE FL yesterday for over an hour and did not see any deterioration with the scenery. But, once again, I have NOT added any libraries except for the ORBX library.

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

4K is still a strain even in 11.50 - but watch your frametimes for CPU and GPU

Thanks for the info, that's the first time some one has explained to me why it is so badly hampered by jumping to 4k even though I have been using it for years! My cpu is a 7600 at 4.5 so definitely a weak link.

So so results for me (but thrilled for all of you seeing great impact)

FIRST, there is a definite improvement.  I am off the lowest settings now (which I was on before) so great news there..

I am getting about 25 - 27 fps on runways, including Logan (Boston).

I have Number of World Objects and Reflection detail now on MAX. (right side of screen).

I have Visual effects on low (second from lowest) and texture quality on medium.

Runways have blurry images (yes I know just BETA) for sure.  and reflections on my compass are funky.

Around Boston I have approx 17 fps so more work to be done.

YES a beta.. and even as is, much improved from before.  But I'd say my apparently lower end system isn't up to snuff but this update sure does help

Edited by KORH Jeff

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

13 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

Reflection detail now on MAX. (right side of screen).

Reflection detail will absolutely KILL your framerate. It is probably the most expensive setting (with world detail and some of the highest AA settings).

It is also a setting that often has no immediate benefit - it governs the reflection off of water surfaces and also the "reflective" buildings, like the terminal kit.

Try to go to a low setting and see your fps skyrocket.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ORBX TE Washington is not loading. According to many users it's not loading, but all the others are.

I'm hoping Tony can look into this.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: | (OBJ_read.cpp:591)
0:00:49.029 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DJJose

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The whole landscape went into soft focus

You are probably running out of vRAM Ses, 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 minute ago, CarlosF said:

You are probably running out of vRAM Sas, 

I think 8 is the minimum.

13 minutes ago, Janov said:

Reflection detail will absolutely KILL your framerate. It is probably the most expensive setting (with world detail and some of the highest AA settings).

It is also a setting that often has no immediate benefit - it governs the reflection off of water surfaces and also the "reflective" buildings, like the terminal kit.

Try to go to a low setting and see your fps skyrocket.

Cheers, Jan

Reflection details was changed in 11.50. Read the release notes, it’s nothing like it was in 11.41 and previous. 
Now you can put it on with minimal FPS cost. I have it on max using a rtx 2080ti and it uses 7fps only

• Like 1