Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

ActiveSky works fine here too, but that's to be expected since it doesn't use its own cloud rendering graphics. 

I sure hope JustSid at Laminar can fix the blurry ground texture problem. I have a GPU with 6 GB of VRAM. It's always nice if you can afford more, but no flight sim should require more than 6 GB for at least minimal ground texture effects, which was the case before the Vulcan/Metal transition. Especially with XP in competition now with another upcoming sim that doesn't have such high VRAM requirements. With ground texture this blurry, it's very hard to judge touchdown distance when landing away from airports in a helicopter or bush plane.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

44 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

ActiveSky works fine here too, but that's to be expected since it doesn't use its own cloud rendering graphics. 

I sure hope JustSid at Laminar can fix the blurry ground texture problem. I have a GPU with 6 GB of VRAM. It's always nice if you can afford more, but no flight sim should require more than 6 GB for at least minimal ground texture effects, which was the case before the Vulcan/Metal transition. Especially with XP in competition now with another upcoming sim that doesn't have such high VRAM requirements. With ground texture this blurry, it's very hard to judge touchdown distance when landing away from airports in a helicopter or bush plane.

....and after ten minutes, XP (Vulcan) no-longer produces any form of autogen placed upon the terrain.  Nothing but blurry textures, and for instance, grey roads that are severely jagged....with an 8GB GTX1070

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

JustSid needs some pics and logs. Let's help him out!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

....and after ten minutes, XP (Vulcan) no-longer produces any form of autogen placed upon the terrain.  Nothing but blurry textures, and for instance, grey roads that are severely jagged....with an 8GB GTX1070

JustSid needs some pics and logs. Let's help him out!

• Like 1

The sooner we get the info out to JustSid, the sooner he can narrow down a fix.

I can't believe that after all these years I still don't know how to muti quote (quote more than one member post) at AVSIM. 😀

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, skully said:

I just discovered that it's not the fuel trucks- it's actually the historic old ABQ terminal that's culprit of the FPS drops.

Still a superb scenery- one of the best ever made for any sim platform.

Hey Skully My machine stopped accepting  vulkan. Worked good as we know last time. I'm looking at new hardware.

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Lets lower the quality of scenery so we can appeal to the lowest common denominator! If you can't afford an 8GB+ card try using the sliders!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I haven't seen any blurry textures yet and I am using 1080 with 8GB.

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

I haven't seen any blurry textures yet and I am using 1080 with 8GB.

Awesome! Have you tested with ORBX TE or Ortho?

It looks like photo ground textures are the ones that are affected. There are users with 11 gig of Vram that are having blurred ground textures.

This issue has nothing to do with Vram or lowering your XP settings. I'm confident that a fix will come.

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Awesome! Have you tested with ORBX TE or Ortho?

It looks like photo ground textures are the ones that are affected. There are users with 11 gig of Vram that are having blurred ground textures.

This issue has nothing to do with Vram or lowering your XP settings. I'm confident that a fix will come.

I only tested it with Forkboy orthos in SOCAL. But let me check the ORBX scenery. 

Edit: it looks like the ORBX stuff is blurry...

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

Over at Orbx there's a relevant post by "Renault" about handling your reshade requirements in 11.50 Vulkan

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

The sooner we get the info out to JustSid, the sooner he can narrow down a fix.

I can't believe that after all these years I still don't know how to muti quote (quote more than one member post) at AVSIM. 😀

The one part, I guess that I am 'thick' about, Jose...is....er....how could this (what I call for lack of a better phrase...) fatal Vulcan engine rendering bug/defect have passed the Private Beta Team?!?!?   I mean,  I have a EVGA  GTX1070 8GB card...and not 6-10 minutes from plopping down upon an airport tarmac....the entire rendering world goes blurry, stock grey roads jagged, and no autogen of any kind,  homes, forests (custom) is being rendered. Funny, only cars and road traffic still renders, upon the blurred and jagged roadways. So...how did this pass from the Private Beta Team pervue, to slip out into a Public Beta?   Am I missing something in how Beta Programs work? I wonder what will be allowed to pass into the wild, when MS Flight Sim 2020 is 'put out there'...?!?!???!??    Wondering out loud....

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Over at Orbx there's a relevant post by "Renault" about handling your reshade requirements in 11.50 Vulkan

In what section is that located?  I'm using Reshade 4.5.4 and it seems to be working just fine in Vulcan, as long as you have the VULCAN rendering switch box turned on, in the lower window of the installation program. That does need to stay open, or you turn on for all Vulcan games universally.  I have the box checked on...which means I do not need to run the set-up program before running Vulcan 11.50b1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, for the time being, regarding the Vulcan rendering engine taking you out of sharp focus...I found that if I stick to an area...and do touch and goes...it stays in focus.

I'm getting some remarkable FPS performance with Vulcan...around some very intense scenery as you will see below, and I stay at my locked 31 FPS.  That is simply remarkable, when I have turned Textures now to full MAX non-compressed, and have A.I. aircraft (3) one MD-80, one Dash-7, and one Cirrus Jet,  of which I could never have enabled, as that was before with OpenGL, a frame sucker.   I also am running 6 ReShade 4.5.4 .fx shader effects, and I feel it is as real world, as I have ever seen.  Very happy with Vulcan and ReShade...and will wait for Sid to fix the bug in the near/far focus. Until then, will keep to a certain area and avoid going-out-of-focus (b1) cross country travel.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-32-45.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-33-02.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-50-50.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-51-02.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-51-36.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-52-27.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-52-55.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-53-58.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-54-16.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3