Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, for the time being, regarding the Vulcan rendering engine taking you out of sharp focus...I found that if I stick to an area...and do touch and goes...it stays in focus.

I'm getting some remarkable FPS performance with Vulcan...around some very intense scenery as you will see below, and I stay at my locked 31 FPS.  That is simply remarkable, when I have turned Textures now to full MAX non-compressed, and have A.I. aircraft (3) one MD-80, one Dash-7, and one Cirrus Jet,  of which I could never have enabled, as that was before with OpenGL, a frame sucker.   I also am running 6 ReShade 4.5.4 .fx shader effects, and I feel it is as real world, as I have ever seen.  Very happy with Vulcan and ReShade...and will wait for Sid to fix the bug in the near/far focus. Until then, will keep to a certain area and avoid going-out-of-focus (b1) cross country travel.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-32-45.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-33-02.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-50-50.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-51-02.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-51-36.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-52-27.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-52-55.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-53-58.

Cessna-172-SP-G1000-2020-04-05-01-54-16.

The max texture settings are no longer un  compressed in vulkan. They removed that option. 

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The one part, I guess that I am 'thick' about, Jose...is....er....how could this (what I call for lack of a better phrase...) fatal Vulcan engine rendering bug/defect have passed the Private Beta Team?!?!?   I mean,  I have a EVGA  GTX1070 8GB card...and not 6-10 minutes from plopping down upon an airport tarmac....the entire rendering world goes blurry, stock grey roads jagged, and no autogen of any kind,  homes, forests (custom) is being rendered. Funny, only cars and road traffic still renders, upon the blurred and jagged roadways. So...how did this pass from the Private Beta Team pervue, to slip out into a Public Beta?   Am I missing something in how Beta Programs work? I wonder what will be allowed to pass into the wild, when MS Flight Sim 2020 is 'put out there'...?!?!???!??    Wondering out loud....

Ses

So true! A reason for the blurry textures we're currently seeing, Tony explained to me: 

"Yes, this is how 11.50 deals with VRAM issues, by lowering the resolution of textures on the fly... It's really aggressive to aerial imagery, and is not quite there yet. Hopefully now that it's in public beta, enough people will raise it as a bug and they'll work on it."

Maybe he can expatiate here, but it's pretty clear by his simple explanation. Uncompressed textures have been removed and now what we have is an auto process that happens behind the scenes.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, for the time being, regarding the Vulcan rendering engine taking you out of sharp focus...I found that if I stick to an area...and do touch and goes...it stays in focus.

I'm getting some remarkable FPS performance with Vulcan...around some very intense scenery as you will see below, and I stay at my locked 31 FPS.  That is simply remarkable, when I have turned Textures now to full MAX non-compressed, and have A.I. aircraft (3) one MD-80, one Dash-7, and one Cirrus Jet,  of which I could never have enabled, as that was before with OpenGL, a frame sucker.   I also am running 6 ReShade 4.5.4 .fx shader effects, and I feel it is as real world, as I have ever seen.  Very happy with Vulcan and ReShade...and will wait for Sid to fix the bug in the near/far focus. Until then, will keep to a certain area and avoid going-out-of-focus (b1) cross country travel.

I think you can easily move the Visual Effects slider one position to the left.
You won't notice any differences and you'll get a lot of FPS.

47 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So true! A reason for the blurry textures we're currently seeing, Tony explained to me: 

"Yes, this is how 11.50 deals with VRAM issues, by lowering the resolution of textures on the fly... It's really aggressive to aerial imagery, and is not quite there yet. Hopefully now that it's in public beta, enough people will raise it as a bug and they'll work on it."

Maybe he can expatiate here, but it's pretty clear by his simple explanation. Uncompressed textures have been removed and now what we have is an auto process that happens behind the scenes.

So then, is there any quantifying difference in having the TEXTURE SLIDE at HIGH, or MAX?  Would one, just leave it at MAX, if running VULCAN?

2 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So then, is there any quantifying difference in having the TEXTURE SLIDE at HIGH, or MAX?  Would one, just leave it at MAX, if running VULCAN?

I guess so. I tried lowering the slider and still got blurry photo ground textures.

BTW: I'm glad that you found a way to keep the textures sharp.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have 8GB of VRAM and no blurry textures over the time of a flight BUT I do have a CTD if I keep the slider to MAX. So for me it's slider to high and all is good. The visual difference is not big at 4K. 

Hans

8 hours ago, Bulva said:

Ok..I'll try that...as I have always had it full to the right, even under OpenGL.  

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

I guess so. I tried lowering the slider and still got blurry photo ground textures.

BTW: I'm glad that you found a way to keep the textures sharp.

Well, like I said, stick about 10 miles around the airport/scenery you first plunked down at...and it will stay sharp. Good to practice touch and goes, under different created weather scenarios, until Sid figures out something in b2....:)

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

I have 8GB of VRAM and no blurry textures over the time of a flight BUT I do have a CTD if I keep the slider to MAX. So for me it's slider to high and all is good. The visual difference is not big at 4K. 

That's interesting.  Well, with as you see my graphics pref's...after about ten minutes of cross-country flight...you start to see from the ground below the wings, out to the horizon, worse and worse blurring, jagged roadways, no or very little autogen and forestry...until it looks like a nuke took out XP11.50b1.   Oh...and this all happens with no drop of my locked 31 fps.  Sid chimed in, that yes...he sees it is a system rendering bug...and probably is on it....hopefully we'll see the fix in b2.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, Colonel X said:

Well, basically none of the popular plug-ins are working for now. No traffic, weather, ect.

With the exception of librain, plugins that are popular in Bjornworld (AutoATC, Avitab, FlyWithLua, NOAAWeather, Opentrack, SAM Seasons, XLinSpeak) are working just fine in Vulkan.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

11 hours ago, Bulva said:

I just came back to say that I did that...and didn't get any more FPS, so went back to full right.  On another word, I just took a flight from the same area in 11.41, and see quite clearly, that truly...11.50b1 is a very early beta work project...as the Vulcan rendering doesn't come close, to the OpenGL of 11.41, not close...so, back to 11.41 as my main gig...and will just load into my second copy any .50 beta updates, and see what they have added or to have improved the graphics. .50 (Vulcan) gives you better frame rates...but at a much degraded visual clarity and display at .b1  Here is my last screen of today, with 11.41  Let the viewer judge...

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-05-18-24-

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Make sure you're shutting down that 3DJPS thingy, it can do a really nasty number on the Vulcan render.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

33 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I just came back to say that I did that...and didn't get any more FPS, so went back to full right.  On another word, I just took a flight from the same area in 11.41, and see quite clearly, that truly...11.50b1 is a very early beta work project...as the Vulcan rendering doesn't come close, to the OpenGL of 11.41, not close...so, back to 11.41 as my main gig...and will just load into my second copy any .50 beta updates, and see what they have added or to have improved the graphics. .50 (Vulcan) gives you better frame rates...but at a much degraded visual clarity and display at .b1  Here is my last screen of today, with 11.41  Let the viewer judge...

Cessna-172-SP-seaplane-2020-04-05-18-24-

It would be good if you could put two photos for comparison 😉 

Keep in mind a lot of the addon stuff that works with OpenGL isn't meant to work with Vulkan and, from what I gather, it may never .  I wasn't that torqued with OpenGL anyway - how's it doing with 11.50?

Edited by olderndirt

A strange thing, when everyone complains about more blurry textures in Vulkan than in XP11.41.
For me (strange thing) it looks the opposite:

1) XP11.41:

183521461_21_41.jpg.37c22058f625371f83a3

2) XP10.50b1+Vulkan:

1078405420_1vulc.jpg.187093bd0e4e0f7398c