Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

X-Plane 11.50 beta 1 -is HERE-

Wouldnt say it was 2 steps back it fixed a number of things rather quickly, That may be a simple fix and being common mat get fix over night.

Beta 2 fixed the black screen issue for me, so i finally managed to load it. Going from Opengl to Vulkan raised my fps by 10-15, which is a welcome thing. Of course this is with Vanilla Xplane so who knows yet what happens with all my addons..

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Actually being going reasonably well today managed a few short trial flights lets see what b3 fixes.

Well, I loaded b2...it kept my ground textures crisp...right up to the 7 minutes into the flight...where I heard a chime sound...and the sim froze.  Fatal CTD...that was it.  So, b3 is coming out today?  Good! 😉 

Edited by Sesquashtoo

13 hours ago, Bulva said:

This beta b2 is two steps back compared to b1: error with every attempt to change aircraft, unstable fps, and stuttering problem returned.

None of the above on my system.  Great FPS...stayed at my locked 32.  No stuttering of any kind. But what happened to me..is that 7 minutes into the flight while at 3,500 at cruise. I heard a chime sound from the speakers...and the sim froze,like I'd hit pause.  I didn't.  Then...30 seconds later...a CTD.

It feels like X-Plane 10.0 all over again. Great prospects, nothing works 🙂 - here we are again, no AI traffic, no weather add-ons, ect. 

Edited by Colonel X
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Beta 3 will be released today. 

Will be waiting... 🙂  with B2,  the sim locked up and CTD

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, I loaded b2...it kept my ground textures crisp...right up to the 7 minutes into the flight...where I heard a chime sound...and the sim froze.  Fatal CTD...that was it.  So, b3 is coming out today?  Good! 😉 

Good to know textures stayed crisp. Many users had CTDs with B2. Stayed away from that one. 😀

Looking forward to see what B3 brings.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It feels like X-Plane 10.0 all over again. Great prospects, nothing works 🙂 - here we are again, no AI traffic, no weather add-ons, ect. 

Is that with B2?

The problem might not necessarily be all the sims fault. I am having none of the reported issues, but I also notice the sim is happily using almost 19 gigs of ram.........

And 10 gigs of video ram.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

The problem might not necessarily be all the sims fault. I am having none of the reported issues, but I also notice the sim is happily using almost 19 gigs of ram.........

WOW. I was checking out Luna's videos as well as his specs and he seemed to have no problem running vulkan. I'm hoping that I don't have to upgrade anything. I might add 16 gig of system ram if I can find two identical chips.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Good to know textures stayed crisp. Many users had CTDs with B2. Stayed away from that one. 😀

Looking forward to see what B3 brings.

At least for those 7 minutes, the ground looked pretty good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Hmmm... I'm not an alpha tester, but I wonder if MSFS (whose previews appear to look better than XP) uses such huge amounts of RAM and especially VRAM.

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

With all due respect to your posts, Colonel, but it's a beta ... and the first public beta at that.

Add on developers will provide their new version at the end of the beta run.
Any fix is a moving target now, for developers it is not a good time to update, unless it is confirmed that there will be no changes.

You are free to stay with the stable 11.41, everything continues to work as is there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2