ark

Install Warning!

27 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

OK, thank you, and there was also an error message that said:

irsetup Invalid start mode: archive filename

Anything else?

Al

Edited by ark

I think you can safely ignore that irsetup error as that was just me trying to run it from temp directory, 

One other thing is that I saw it created install log in the temp directory but the install log was empty, nothing in it.

7 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

I think you can safely ignore that irsetup error as that was just me trying to run it from temp directory, 

One other thing is that I saw it created install log in the temp directory but the install log was empty, nothing in it.

OK. One thing you could try if you haven't is to restart the computer, disable the anti-virus, delete any previous installer downloads, and then download the installer again and see what happens.

Al

I already did that twice before. This time I ran ccleaner and it cleanup the the registry where it found multiple entries for irsetup from all the times ive tried to install this thing. I removed all those entries.

I disabled anti virus, UAC deleted all files from earlier and downloaded a fresh file. I reinstalled and it was same as before. It did not work. 

I installed 4 other add ons this week and they all installed fine. my p3d works fine and everything in it.

42 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

I installed 4 other add ons this week and they all installed fine. my p3d works fine and everything in it.

As one data point, I just downloaded the Falcon50 2.0a installer and installed the Falcon into P3Dv4.5 HF3 without any issues.  Just to roughly check your downloads were not corrupted somehow, here are my download file sizes.

Flysimware_Falcon_50.zip file size: 297,359 KB 

FLYSIMWARE_FALCON_50_V2.0a.exe file size:  298,436 KB.

Al

Edited by ark

I have downloaded this file 5 times today from PC Aviator and each time it is 296,300 kb. Is there another source you want me to try? Although I know you are trying to be helpful you are asking me to do things I have already done or are in my messages. I was in the I.T. business for 30 years. If no one can help me sort this out then I request my money back. And if not I will file a dispute with my credit card company. 

I heard from Mark and he was totally unhelpful. All he said was virus programs flag dll files because they make changes. How helpful is that. 

18 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

I have downloaded this file 5 times today from PC Aviator and each time it is 296,300 kb. Is there another source you want me to try? Although I know you are trying to be helpful you are asking me to do things I have already done or are in my messages. I was in the I.T. business for 30 years. If no one can help me sort this out then I request my money back. And if not I will file a dispute with my credit card company. 

I heard from Mark and he was totally unhelpful. All he said was virus programs flag dll files because they make changes. How helpful is that. 

Just to be clear, I am not a FSW employee, just a volunteer that tries to help. If I ask you to try something that you have already done, then you just have to say so! Certainly feel free to ignore anything I suggest. As you should know, it is very hard to fix a problem when you can't reproduce it.

In the past sometimes stores have been slow to update to new versions. So one thing you can check, if you haven't already, is that you are in fact downloading ver 2.0a of the Falcon. At this point I don't know what else to suggest. To my knowledge no one else has reported an install problem since the Mark put out the new installer. 

I will see if Mark has any other ideas when I can contact him.

Al

Edited by ark

Thanks Al, my apologies I know you are a volunteer. I am in contact with Mark and he is working on it as well.

Is there somewhere else I can download another copy?

2 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

Thanks Al, my apologies I know you are a volunteer. I am in contact with Mark and he is working on it as well.

Is there somewhere else I can download another copy?

No problem, I understand how frustrating these kinds of problems are.  As for downloading another copy from somewhere else, that is above my 'pay grade'. That's Marks call.

Al

Like you said, they have version 1.9H online when it should be 2.0

Details
SKU DL-FWFCN
COMPATIBILITY FSX SP2/FSX:SE/P3D All versions
MEDIA INSTANT DOWNLOAD
SIZE (Mb) 289
PUBLISHER FlySimware (MORE)
CURRENT VERSION

1.9H

I was aware you have 1.9H as this is what PC Aviator has. ARK did not know that. I sent you an email to invite you on a private call with ARK and I.

I am happy to report the problem has been fixed, case closed!

Al

Edited by ark