Sign in to follow this  
MadDog80Pilot

Freeware AI Traffic

Hi there! Long time FSX user here. I've been trying to find an AI traffic software that uses accurate Flight Plans and new/updated liveries to make my sim more realistic. Anyone know a great freeware ai traffic software that does this? I know about World of AI but that uses old liveries and it is practically dead. I couldn't find a forum about this and if there is one already can you provide the link?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, brucets said:

AIG is for P3D only -- isn't it??

The one click install feature and PBR textures are designed for P3d4. However, the flight plans work in FSX and the AIG forums have guidance as to how to use them in FSX.

Edited by jabloomf1230

17 hours ago, brucets said:

Nope. I've used the flightplans for FSX and even FS9.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:00 PM, brucets said:

AIG started out in FS9.  They now support FS9, FSX, and P3D.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I downloaded their package and I don't see any instructions for inserting in FSX Steam?? The auto installer is only for P3D.

20 hours ago, brucets said:

I downloaded their package and I don't see any instructions for inserting in FSX Steam?? The auto installer is only for P3D.

Correct, while the AIG traffic is compatible with FSX, they do not support FSX when it comes to installation.   Take a read of the tutorial.

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie - I can't seem to find a link to access or download the tutorial???

Bruce

On 4/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, brucets said:

It is only for P3d4. However, you can use AIM to manually download flightplans. But here's where the problem arises with FSX. You have to find every AI aircraft model that's used in the flightplan. The links are here:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

Then you have to download each model that you need and use AI Flight Planner to automatically find the paints needed for a specific airline. This process is extremely time consuming and frustrating. Although this all sounds terrible, this process is what everybody used before AIM/OCI was released. If one only sticks to the FAIB AI models (most of the Boeings and some Airbuses), FSPXAI Payware (more Boeings and Airbuses) and Raven AI (regional jets), the process is manageable as long as one doesn't have tons of airlines to do. It's far easier to find $60 US in change hidden in your sofa.😲

As an aside, If anyone is still convinced that MSFS 2020 will not disrupt the flightsim add-on market, just look at what AIM/OCI did the the AI aircraft market by being written to only work in P3d4. The authors of AIM/OCI correctly understood that supporting anything but P3d4 would be a support nightmare. This caused the majority of the flightsim community that are interested in realistic and up to date AI Traffic to move from FS9, FSX, P3d1-3 to P3d4.

Okay, that settles that, thanks. I'm not going to jump thru those hoops! I'll live with what I have --- Traffic Global. There's just very little traffic moving and the major airports in the U.S. have very few foreign flag carriers visible.

Bruce

6 hours ago, brucets said:

Hi Ernie - I can't seem to find a link to access or download the tutorial???

Bruce

It's the attachment link below the body of the first message.

BTW, it's not a simple add.  You'll have to download and install models, then select the flight plans, then install the textures, which are a mix of automatic and manual installs.

I would suggest installing just the regionals, which TG lacks and use TG for the rest.  This will reduce the hoops and lessen your frustration.if you choose to go the AIG route.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem