Hey all - hope all is well with you and your families.  I'm looking to upgrade my again TQ6 from GF.  The pots are going and for the cost of this thing, I'm not attempting this 'refresh' kit.  As much as I like the boeing style levers, I'm ok with moving on and getting something much higher quality.  The real question is can I mount this on top of my MESM module as my current TQ is?  Not sure if anyone's tried this before.  I dont really want to clamp to the desk when I have a full GF center console.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I use heavy duty Velcro on mine with no issues. Mine is mounted on top of my TPM.  You will love the VF TQ6+

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

1 hour ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I use heavy duty Velcro on mine with no issues. Mine is mounted on top of my TPM.  You will love the VF TQ6+

Ha - that sounds like it certainly would work.  Did you order direct from virtual fly or is there someone better to get it from in the states?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

12 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

11 hours ago, pegruder said:

Ha - that sounds like it certainly would work.  Did you order direct from virtual fly or is there someone better to get it from in the states?

I ordered direct from VF.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I used this stuff call foam core (comes in variable thicknesses) for getting the mount plate/height I needed.  I drilled a few holes in the foam core and got some long  threaded bolts (I think 3mm but don't quote me) with larger washers and secured the foam core to the VF TQ6+.  To secure that to my GF center console I used vinyl tape 1 inch wide

uc?id=1IS5D86sbRqafuy85eQUshIiyXPCwF2XA

uc?id=1iLFpdxCe_Lwle6aZerYddz_y2J1jZyOB

uc?id=1o2hHB5IXobNMxtNd1HL6CEKa8rZqtsb9

Cheers, Rob.

Nice Rob!  Bottom line is it definitely is doable with a bit of work I'm willing to put in.  Very disappointed in the GF TQ.  It has the quality of a 50-$100 unit to me.  One of the handles fell out within the first 6 months and I had to send it back.  Now it's 5 years old and the pots are so noisy the throttles won't sit at idle.  Top that with if I'm part throttle, they fall back to idle under their own weight.  Granted this is the 5 year mark but for the cost I'd have expected more.  Hopefully with GF under new management the quality will ramp up.  To be fair, my Saitek rudder pedals are 6 months older than that and while a bit noisy, are no where near as bad as this throttle quad.  This includes the spoilers/flaps levers are well.

Anyway rant over - thanks everyone.  Here's to hoping they're still able to ship with everything going on.  Wishing everyone and their familes to stay healthy during these times.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Well - orders placed.  Can't wait!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Well folks it has arrived.  Its a word not allowed fine piece of hardware!  To me - 100% worth the price as this is truly solid.  I always felt like I was going to snap the GF version's handles off, which of course, did happen 6 mo's in.  I will miss the spoiler/flaps levers though so Ill have to come up with something.  For now I assigned buttons on the TM Warthog.  My flaps level snapped off many years ago (the switch itself), and I never repaired.  I could always get that going again I guess.  To touch on my original topic, I was able to use the existing mount plate for the GF TQ, drill 2 new holes in the bottom, and mount the virtual fly TQ right to it.  PS ,my MCP is crooked, I have to go correct that now before my OCD drives me nuts! lol  Happy landings all!

QS9_fV4jfSOAsMhWlVJEBD9j5N6OsGF_Sk-kOEhs

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS