Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Skunk Works G-91 Installation Running in DEMO mode

I took advantage of Simmarket's free Skunk Works G-91 plane. I downloaded both the SSW-FIAT-G91-P3Dx64.1.2.0.exe and SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe.

I ran the core installation files first (SSW-FIAT-G91-P3Dx64.1.2.0.exe) and then ran the keyless installer (SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe).

While the plane works great, it runs in DEMO mode and after about 5 minutes, P3DV4.5 pauses.

I have created a ticket at Skunk Works, I've emailed them, and posted in their forum (along with others). So far, no response at all...

Just wondering if anyone has successfully installed the free Skunk Works G-91 plane using the Keyless unified installer?

If yes, it would be great if you could pass on your tips.

Note: During the installation process, it tries to install the Microsoft Redistributables, but because I already have newer versions installed, it does not complete them.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

58 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

I took advantage of Simmarket's free Skunk Works G-91 plane. I downloaded both the SSW-FIAT-G91-P3Dx64.1.2.0.exe and SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe.

I ran the core installation files first (SSW-FIAT-G91-P3Dx64.1.2.0.exe) and then ran the keyless installer (SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe).

While the plane works great, it runs in DEMO mode and after about 5 minutes, P3DV4.5 pauses.

I have created a ticket at Skunk Works, I've emailed them, and posted in their forum (along with others). So far, no response at all...

Just wondering if anyone has successfully installed the free Skunk Works G-91 plane using the Keyless unified installer?

Note: During the installation process, it tries to install the Microsoft Redistributables, but because I already have newer versions installed, it does not complete them.

Glad you asked this because I thought I was the only one with those MS Distributable errors as well as no textures just everything black about the aircraft. I immediately un-installed it. No time to faff around with half-baked products!

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Yes, it is successfully working for me. Nothing special needed on my install. I also bought the Harrier and successfully used the keyless installer with it. Best of luck, sorry I can only confirm that it's working in my install.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, yurei said:

Yes, it is successfully working for me. Nothing special needed on my install. I also bought the Harrier and successfully used the keyless installer with it. Best of luck, sorry I can only confirm that it's working in my install.

Thank you Yurei,

Were you able to install the Microsoft Redistributables without any errors?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

10 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Thank you Yurei,

Were you able to install the Microsoft Redistributables without any errors?

Yes, I already had one of the 2 installed, but the 2nd installed successfully.

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

Glad you asked this because I thought I was the only one with those MS Distributable errors as well as no textures just everything black about the aircraft. I immediately un-installed it. No time to faff around with half-baked products!

Also glad someone else had my problem. Didn't install correctly, just black. Junk.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

The SSW plane installers don't come with textures. You have to separately download the textures from the SSW home page under Support/How to/ Get Textures/Liveries.

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/index.php/how-to-get-our-models-liveries/

SSW have really great looking planes, but when it comes to download and installing, they do march to the beat of their own drummer.

Hope that helps.

-Bob

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BBCM said:

The SSW plane installers don't come with textures. You have to separately download the textures from the SSW home page under Support/How to/ Get Textures/Liveries.

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunkworks/wp/index.php/how-to-get-our-models-liveries/

SSW have really great looking planes, but when it comes to download and installing, they do march to the beat of their own drummer.

Hope that helps.

-Bob

Thanks for that link. But SSW didn't make that clear from the very outset seeing that they are jumping on the bandwagon to give away something free at simMarket.

Akin to me inviting you for a coffee, then saying, sorry you have to go 100 miles for your milk !!!😡

Edited by vc10man
grammar

The installers come with older Microsoft Redistributables, so they won't install if you have newer ones. The installation also reminds you that you need vACMI, which can be downloaded from their web site. It looks as if vACMI communicates with their servers  - although this gives errors if you actually click the button to connect. It's not clear if vACMI is an absolute requirement for a fully functional plane.

It's an unusual way to install aircraft, but once installed it's a really nice plane. You can even download additional PBR textures from their web site.

Considering they are based in Italy and are giving away profits to the emergency services, it seems rather petty to complain about a slightly complicated installation process.

My thanks go to SWS for the generous gift and their admirable support for a society in crisis.

P.S. they also note on their web site that they won't be providing support for the free version - so don't expect a reply.

Edited by Gabshall
  • Upvote 1

I'm able to install the textures and PBR textures correctly. Unfortunately, I am not able to get past the DEMO mode. It is rather sad that they do not provide support for the free version and help me out...but on the other hand, I now know that due to the issues around the DEMO mode, I know their products will not work on my computer.

Edited by flyblueskies

Could the problem be with your permission settings? The key installer does work, although occasionally there is a green ribbon in the sim which states 'unsupported version'.

1 hour ago, Gabshall said:

It's not clear if vACMI is an absolute requirement for a fully functional plane.

I don't have vACMI installed and both planes (Fiat and Harrier) are working fine. 

They are amazing pieces of simulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that link. But SSW didn't make that clear from the very outset seeing that they are jumping on the bandwagon to give away something free at simMarket.

Perhaps not clear, as you say, but to be fair it is in the order confirmation email from simMarket - near the end, but it is there.

"Recall that most of our products are split in 2 installers, one containing core files and other containing textures and liveries. The installer containing textures for G91 can be freely downloaded from here:.........."

Not trying to be smart - just in case anyone else has the same issue and then reads this - trying to be helpful.

• Like 2

Best regards

Rupert

1 hour ago, Gabshall said:

Could the problem be with your permission settings? The key installer does work, although occasionally there is a green ribbon in the sim which states 'unsupported version'.

It is very possible. I do not know what those permission settings might be. I really do like the plane, but it simply will not work if I cannot get past the DEMO mode issue.

I definitely am open to suggestions...

Was just thinking of the usual culprits: UAC off and check security settings for admin access on the P3D folder. Presumably you did download the reissued key installer?