Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Available Approaches

From where does VOXATC get its available approaches?  In particular, many RNAV approaches seem to be unavailable as a choice from VOX. Can the available approaches be updated?

Tom

Tom

from my experience & tweaks, for V742 with P3D452 ...... (& I suspect / vaguely recall, for V652 with FSX),

the listed approaches are in 2 parts though it may not look that way.

in the first instance are those included in your "highest" afcad & then vectored ils & visual approaches.

so to match your charts & hence include the missing RNAV's & the latest ILS's, you need to "clear" your afcad of its existing & import the latest from FSAD.

In this you can just add those you prefer for landing runways (appropriate to the selected afcad)

arrivals (stars) are sourced from the airac.

should that arrival transition to an afcad approach, it should be a "seamless" clearance.

those fsad approaches are indentical to the airacs (if concurrent), just in bgl format for adding to the afcad.

for now, cheers

john martin

John,

Thanks for trying to help.  I'm afraid I don't understand anything you're suggesting.  I think I'll continue my current practice of ignoring VOXATC and flying the RNAV of my choice.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

11 hours ago, tjrush said:

John,

Thanks for trying to help.  I'm afraid I don't understand anything you're suggesting.  I think I'll continue my current practice of ignoring VOXATC and flying the RNAV of my choice.

Thanks,

Tom

VOXATC 7.42 can obtain up to date approaches from one of two sources. Both require a Navigraph subscription. If you have a Navigraph subscription, read the section in the  VOXATC manual entitled SIDs and STARs (p 58). A better option, which gives you all the updated navdata, comms, ILS and airspaces, is what vadriver posted above. That requires an additional subscription over and above your Navigraph subscription, but in my opinion is well worth it.

Jay,

Is this correct:

Sids and Stars are updated through my Navigraph subscription. This may be why I have never noticed any missing SIDS and STARS

For updated approaches (among other things) I would have to add a subscription to FSAerodata.

Tom

Tom

2 hours ago, tjrush said:

For updated approaches

as distinct from stars ...... yes.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

as distinct from stars ...... yes.

Unless you update the sim with either Herve Sors's freeware or fsaerodata, your approaches are whatever the sim provides plus what is added by 3rd party airports.

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

your approaches are whatever the sim provides plus what is added by 3rd party airports.

& hence incomplete. missing &/or out of date

for now, cheers

john martin