Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Sim Skunkworks

Just picked up their free aircraft the other day. It's very good.

Looking at what others they have and I find two F104. Just wondering what is the difference and which one would be the best. I run P3dV4.5 HF2. Thanks for any responses.

Well, they say they do it separately to decrease download time...I don’t understand that myself.

5 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Wonderful marketing!

What makes them think I would ever go back to them to actually BUY something.

bit harsh, don’t you think? They just gave you an add on for free, you have no basis to complain. 
It’s your  fault, bare that in mind, that you failed to read the install description...and went ahead and installed half the product, then complain. 

you could say thanks...

• Upvote 3

Luke Pype

I do appreciate the offer and I have been able to install the textures. Unfortunately, I cannot get past the DEMO mode. I have sent two tickets now, both of which went unanswered. I now understand, they will not provide support for the free version. That's really too bad...it definitely leaves me with a bad impression.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

16 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Just picked up their free aircraft the other day. It's very good.

Looking at what others they have and I find two F104. Just wondering what is the difference and which one would be the best. I run P3dV4.5 HF2. Thanks for any responses.

I had both for FSX, I preferred the F104G - however, they are both absolute devils to master, hope you have plenty of patience!

38 minutes ago, Major_Bloodnok said:

I had both for FSX, I preferred the F104G - however, they are both absolute devils to master, hope you have plenty of patience!

Just a few tips, which may help to ease the pain of learning to fly the F104S/G.

They both hate a heavy hand...nice smooth control movements.

Make sure you keep an eye on the APC meter when ever you pull any G. It's a small gauge calibrated from 0 to 5 located around top centre of the panel on the S and extreme right side on the G. Never let the needle go past 4.5.  If climbing steeply, ease pressure on the stick just before it gets to 4.5. If doing a tight turn and the needle starts to approach  4.5, drop the flaps to T/O position (you can do this upto 450kts and keep them there to 520kts. The needle will drop at least one full unit, so you can then pull the stick back a bit more to tighten the turn, keeping your eye on the APC so as not to exceed 4.5 (4.4 to be safe)  Real F104 pilots did this all the time and cosidered the APC meter as their best friend. The T/O flap position is also the maneuvering position.

Remember when landing, once you've selected LANDING flap, NEVER let the engine RPM go below 84%, you'll usually have around 90% rpm  And never let the rpm go below 84% untill the wheels are firmly on the ground.  Lowering the flaps to land also activates the BLC (boundary layer control)  which diverts quite a lot of air from the last compressor stage and blows it at high pressure along the trailing edge of each wing, which allows the aircraft to fly a bit slower than it should, because it thinks it's going a bit faster than it is (confused ?)  If you allow the engine RPM to drop below 84% it cuts off the BLC as the engine wants it for thrust.   The aircraft will immediately go out of control because it then realises  that it isn't going fast enough to fly.  Hope that helps a bit to understanding the F104

• Like 1

Smokey 942,

Thanks for the valuable info. The F104G it’ll be.

I’ve seen them fly back when Canada operated them. There was an air show at CFB North Bay in the fall of 1978. Spectators were behind a fence quite close to the runway. An F104 did a pass at maybe 50’ at .98 mach. Didn’t hear it till it was right in front of us. A buddy who flew CAF hercs actually got a ride in a rare 2-seater. I was talking to him  a few weeks ago about it. Said it was a rush.

i see there’s another coming F104 from them possibly in June. 

dave 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:52 PM, MaDDogz said:

Well, they say they do it separately to decrease download time...I don’t understand that myself.

bit harsh, don’t you think? They just gave you an add on for free, you have no basis to complain. 
It’s your  fault, bare that in mind, that you failed to read the install description...and went ahead and installed half the product, then complain. 

you could say thanks...

Sorry for you but there is absolutely nothing regarding installation. There is no warning or caution, just an .exe file to run. In addition there is no manual.

So how it is my fault, I really don't know.😲

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Sorry for you but there is absolutely nothing regarding installation. There is no warning or caution, just an .exe file to run. In addition there is no manual.

So how it is my fault, I really don't know.😲

🤔                              🤔                                 🤔
                 🤔                               🤔

INFO ABOUT PRODUCTS ACTIVATIONS

The activation code has been removed from our products, you do not need to ask for activation code anymore, disregard installer prompt about key request. New installers for P3D and FSX has been uploaded, please download  keyless installers/modifiers from HERE

The correct sequence to remove time limit and the need of activation key is:
– run as admin main installer (core files) which you downloaded from our distributors, either SimMarket or JustFlight

download and run texture installer, available from this site using SUPPORT menu.

– download and run vACMI installer for your platform (if needed) available from this site using SUPPORT menù
– run keyless installer

NOTE:
keyless installers must be run always as last:
– SSW-keyless-installer-unified-FSX-v1.0.2.exe for FSX
– SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe for P3D v 4.x

Ww suggest if some problem arise in model behaviour to download and install latest MSVC runtime (2015-2017-2019) libs available from HERE (Italy):

We recommend to localize properly pending on your country

😂👍

Luke Pype

7 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

🤔                              🤔                                 🤔
                 🤔                               🤔

INFO ABOUT PRODUCTS ACTIVATIONS

The activation code has been removed from our products, you do not need to ask for activation code anymore, disregard installer prompt about key request. New installers for P3D and FSX has been uploaded, please download  keyless installers/modifiers from HERE

The correct sequence to remove time limit and the need of activation key is:
– run as admin main installer (core files) which you downloaded from our distributors, either SimMarket or JustFlight

download and run texture installer, available from this site using SUPPORT menu.

– download and run vACMI installer for your platform (if needed) available from this site using SUPPORT menù
– run keyless installer

NOTE:
keyless installers must be run always as last:
– SSW-keyless-installer-unified-FSX-v1.0.2.exe for FSX
– SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe for P3D v 4.x

Ww suggest if some problem arise in model behaviour to download and install latest MSVC runtime (2015-2017-2019) libs available from HERE (Italy):

We recommend to localize properly pending on your country

😂👍

So you are telling me that I have to go to their web site to find out how to download  and install their product?

Just wonderful.

Where do you download the crystal ball?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

All the info was in your SimMarket receipt. 

Dave Garwood.

Burn...🔥

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

🤦‍♂️😂

Start that back pedal Ian, start that back pedal...LOL

well, if anything at least now you know how to make the add on work

although in future I would ask for help... 👍

Luke Pype

4 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

All the info was in your SimMarket receipt. 

For some reason, I do not get simmarket receipts through Hotmail.com. In most cases, this is not a problem as my orders are listed in simmarket. In this case, because I did not get a receipt, I did not get the instructions. I do have it up and running though...it took quite some time as the keyless installer was installing the incorrect dll. Somewhere along the line, they updated the dll even though they kept the same installer name. All good though. Very nice plane and very much appreciate the freebie.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

🤦‍♂️😂

Start that back pedal Ian, start that back pedal...LOL

well, if anything at least now you know how to make the add on work

although in future I would ask for help... 👍

Also not true. Nothing in there about installation only registration problems.

But at least I know where the blame really lies .......S*mM*rk*t.

Still not going to install though, despite the very helpful comments made by fellow simmers here🤣

18 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Also not true. Nothing in there about installation only registration problems.

But at least I know where the blame really lies .......S*mM*rk*t.

Still not going to install though, despite the very helpful comments made by fellow simmers here🤣

Copy and pasted from my SimMarket receipt:

Recall that most of our products are split in 2 installers, one containing core files and other containing textures and liveries.
The installer containing textures for G91 can be freely downloaded from here:
www.dropbox.com/s/3qb0nt7qpw6wzc8/SSW-FIAT-G91-P3Dv4.TEXTURES.1.2.0.exe?dl=0

Dave Garwood.