Sign in to follow this  
ual763

MS/ASOBO May You Please Add A Tractor?

Kind of an odd request... I know there are editable ground vehicles as per the airports video.  But, if it’s not already in there, Asobo may you please add a tractor w/ mower attachment in the airport editor as a ground ai vehicle?  I’d like to be able to place one in the grass at various airports and set it to a defined route.  Airports are mowed all the time in Spring/Summer.

P.S. - Regarding the airport vehicle editor shown in the airport video, I wonder if it is possible to specify when a vehicle is activated, such as a tractor in this instance?  For example, could you hide it easily if there is snow on the ground?

Thinking something like this:

5-F57-F51-F-EF5-D-46-D0-836-F-99907-FEED

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Never thought of that.. Where I live airports look like this. KSGU20181023-180927_orig.jpg

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

6 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Never thought of that.. Where I live airports look like this. KSGU20181023-180927_orig.jpg

Beautiful!  The desert definitely makes it easy for airport managers.

In the grassy areas of the World, I normally see NOTAMS published for Mowing Adjacent RWY.... Mo-Fr.  Seems like they’re out there mowing more often than not.  

Edited by ual763

I just passed my practical for my aircraft dispatchers license a couple weeks ago, I never heard of or came across a mower or anything.. or a NOTAM.

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

8 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I just passed my practical for my aircraft dispatchers license a couple weeks ago, I never heard of or came across a mower or anything.. or a NOTAM.

Yeah, once the northern half of the country starts warming up more, you’ll start to see a lot more of them.  And I apologize, the correct NOTAM phraseology is “GRASS CUTTING”.  

I live on the northeastern side of KDAL in a tall building with an unobstructed view of the airport and see the tractors out there once or twice a week moving the grass and cutting the weeds down. I’ve thought that it would be kind of cool if they put in some maintenance vehicles like tractors or mowers in the airports to show up at random times doing their thing.

• Like 4

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

32 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Yeah, once the northern half of the country starts warming up more, you’ll start to see a lot more of them.  And I apologize, the correct NOTAM phraseology is “GRASS CUTTING”.  

Interesting! That is a unique one for sure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I live on the northeastern side of KDAL in a tall building with an unobstructed view of the airport and see the tractors out there once or twice a week moving the grass and cutting the weeds down. I’ve thought that it would be kind of cool if they put in some maintenance vehicles like tractors or mowers in the airports to show up at random times doing their thing.

I'm pretty sure this could be done in FSX with living world? I'm surprised ORBX never did this. 

• Like 1

Remember when we complained that the grass was too long. Then they cut it. I am sure they'll implement a tractor. 😄

• Like 5

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Actually, having tractors in the fields near airports so you can see them in final approach, that would mean immersion!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reignman40 said:

You'll find the ADX written and practical have little to do with the way things actually work at a part 121 airline (assuming you're in the US). The difference between classroom and reality is stark.

Keep an eye out and you'll see NOTAMS containing Q-codes like "QMAHW" or "QMRHG", or the term PAEW. QMRHG is specific to mowing, but all of them indicate personnel and equipment working near the runway/movement area. It's quite common.

Edited by Noodle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

Actually, having tractors in the fields near airports so you can see them in final approach, that would mean immersion!

Oh I agree! Why limit it to airports? Azure can identify roads and place cars on them.  I’m sure it can identify farm fields easily (since there is usually some sort of pattern on them) and place some tractors!

I’m a big sucker for AI in all forms.  When I fly near the water, I love finding and flying over ships.  Likewise, when flying in rural agricultural areas, some big tractors would add some nice “life” to the scenery.  Would make for some realistic barn-storming flights!

Edited by ual763
  • Like 2

I really like the AI comment.

Microsoft has access to plenty of data and has talent to tell when is it likely for ANYTHING to show up as an animated vehicle on most airports (if not all). Birds, mowers, crowds, fireworks. Its all up to what to get from the buck. The easier thing would be to use stuff they have done (or partners) for other projects (agricultural research, etc) and just put it out there in the servers of FS 2020. There are no limits to what can be done with AI... if you have Bing or similar

Alvaro Escorcia

AirHispania Virtual Airlines (AHS712D) OMAA 

Edited by wlix261
  • Like 2

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Why stop at tractors? Why not put the ISS in orbit and have it be visible at night?

And maybe model it so that when the inevitable space shuttle mod is released, we can visit it.

😄 It never ceases to amaze me the things people come up with. I admit, this one made me chuckle but I'm all for it. It's stuff like this that makes things come to life. Tricking the mind into believeing what you are are seeing is real is part of the simulator puzzle I believe.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2