Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Aerosoft Prague only 5 EUR

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

Also beware, like every other previous Aerosoft add-on airport I have had, one cannot copy/paste the long drawn out Serial Number. I think it need manually typing in.

Stopped the install as a bad joke!

I've always copy/pasted the serial number. Never had a problem and never did it manually. You need to check, though, that you don't have an empty space before the first digit or number. 

8 hours ago, atco said:

I had exactly the same issue as Rick FWIW. Unable to paste the key into the installer, had to type it in by hand also. Should also note too that I was copying/pasting from notepad not from the website. I always copy my order details into a text file and store with the download, so that at least made no difference for me.
Was a minor frustration though given the very generous discount

Bingo, so it was not just me who has been buying Aerosoft products since 2010.

If you can't copy and paste the serial, then there's something wrong on your end - the Aersoft installer works the same as all the others: copy paste the serial, enter the correct email address. Done.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Rick,

I have copy and pasted every single Aerosoft serial number of all the installs, and I've had / have most every Aerosoft product installed for FSX/FSX:SE, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.  What you are reporting might be true on your system for some reason, but it's not the experience of most our customers and as I said, not true for me at all.

Best wishes.

I have the same problem re copy and paste the serial number. 

Plus the installer will not recognize either my ID or the provided serial number. I have sent a ticket to Aerosoft. 

I have tried several times and the result is the same. I'm taking care to ensure my manual inputting of the serial number is correct.

I have always found the Aerosoft customer support excellent so I have no worries about the problem being resolved.

Dave

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

If you can't copy and paste the serial, then there's something wrong on your end - the Aersoft installer works the same as all the others: copy paste the serial, enter the correct email address. Done.

Really, and you know that how?

I'm not an word not allowed, I know how to copy and paste and I also know how to check and double check and make sure there are no missing or extra spaces or characters. Maybe as a few people have had the same issue its not because we are all stupid but because on certain systems sometimes strange little bugs occur for unknown reasons - Much like they tend do on a popular flight simulator.

Ok, so two pages on pasting a serial number. How about the scenery itself? Decent?

• Like 1

- Aaron

12 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It may work for you but it doesn't for me. Done.

6 hours ago, slait said:

Ok, so two pages on pasting a serial number. How about the scenery itself? Decent?

Yes, quite decent. Frame rates are about what I expected from Aerosoft. 

I've been put off it because of the following in a 2016 review by FSElite."Of course, no product is complete without ensuring that the terminal buildings are up to the high standards that we now expect in our community. The buildings are accurately modelled, and look detailed thanks to the HD nature of the texture work. In today’s standards, it falls short of the WOW factor. Admittedly we have been spoilt by other developers, but ‘pre-textured’ windows are an old technique, that soon needs to be eradicated. With as many years in development as Mega Airport Prague has been in, I expected some more interior development to have taken place. It probably comes back down to VAS and frame rates, but other developers out there are now taking advantage of the technology, and I expect Aerosoft to start doing the same soon."

Those opaque window textures look awful to me, and this doesn't look up to the usual Aerosoft standard, - very dated. I'm still struggling with whether it's worth 5 euros in 2020. 

@Scupper If I was you and didn't have Prague already, I wouldn't hesitate. I've been to the real Prague Airport and thus can confirm that Aerosoft's rendition feels very much like the original. Yes, if you prefer terminal interiors, you might feel slightly disappointed - I on my part can live very well without interiors. You would miss out on very scenic approaches, though - the approach to runway 24 offers very scenic views of the city of Prague, while the approach to runway 06 crosses the idyllic Czech landscape with its hills and rivers. I would only recommend you to deactivate the Prague city landclass included in the scenery - because with that one, Prague looks like a village. If you own Orbx FTX Global or Open LC Europe, you will be fine also without that custom landclass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

I would only recommend you to deactivate the Prague city landclass included in the scenery - because with that one, Prague looks like a village. If you own Orbx FTX Global or Open LC Europe, you will be fine also without that custom landclass.

How do I deactivate the Prague city landclass?

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

How do I deactivate the Prague city landclass?

See here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111737-mega-airport-prague-advisory-thread/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-753723

Those files are contained in the "Scenery" folder of your Mega Airport Prague installation folder. In my case, that's C:\XHT-Labs\Mega Airport Prague\scenery.

Edited by FWAviation
  • Like 1