Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Losing customers to what? An sim which is still in beta where nobody for sure knows if its been released this year?

I one point you're right: they're not stupid. They know pretty sure what to do.

I'm not just talking about MSFS2020 here, they never promised any exact release date and I know as little as anyone else about the release date but that's not the point. It should be pretty clear to anyone that a lot of people have had it with the old FS9/FSX bugs that we still see today and that the recent developments in the other sims have made them look elsewhere. If LM have something big coming up, this is not the time to be silent about it. And no, "someone under an unclear/assumed NDA on a forum giving us hints about something that may or may not indicate that something may or may not be happening soon" is not the way to work together with your customers and keeping them informed.

16 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

Ok, change that to they SHOULD tell us if they have a new release in the pipe. Keeping dead silent when losing customers by the minute is not the smartest thing to do, is it?

This is Lockheed Martin, the company that created the SR-71 and F-117. Publicity isn't their strong point. The customers I'd think they most fear loosing would be training facilities and military clients. We're a nice bonus with our wide range of hardware that helps them optimize code. That's my thoughts on it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

A sim which is still in beta where nobody for sure knows if its been released this year?

ALPHA.. No Beta yet.. Hehe.

Folks let's keep this friendly.. The flame wars are on the MSFS forums 😂

People want discuss here DX12.

S.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, simbol said:

People want discuss here DX12.

👍

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

LM P3d website down for maintenance...... could it be the news...lol ! 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kand said:

LM P3d website down for maintenance...... could it be the news...lol ! 

It was offline including the forums for a short time a few days ago already. It's well possible they work on it, I recall this from previous releases as well.

Concerning the topic itself, I just sit back and look what it will look like and judge afterwards. I am positive Prepar3d5 will bring some nice features and I do hope for resolution of some long-standing issues which can't be denied.

I am also positive MSFS will be a huge success upon release, be it this or the next year, and moreover will bring quite a number of new users to flight simulation.

So good for all of us.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Concerning the topic itself, I just sit back and look what it will look like and judge afterwards. I am positive Prepar3d5 will bring some nice features and I do hope for resolution of some long-standing issues which can't be denied.

I am also positive MSFS will be a huge success upon release, be it this or the next year, and moreover will bring quite a number of new users to flight simulation.

A reasonable stance? On this forum? How dare you... 😉

* P3D V5 bringing DX12, something to look foreword to. however no word on scenery+weather+environments+ATC, but 3rd party taking care of that (and you need a lot of it to get it right).

* MSFS bringing photo real scenery+real weather+real environment+real ATC out of the box (no DX12 at release unfortunately) , something to look foreword to and to compare P3D V5 DX12 rendering quality (ray tracing if available and selectable for proper hardware) with MSFS DX11 innovation and XP 11 Vulkan thing.

* XP 11.50 brought/bringing Vulakn support (already in BETA) with good rendering speed improvement, but it's like P3D V5, requires a lot of 3rd party additional support to come close to the new MSFS total environment out of the box., no word yet on XP 12.

so, there you have it, see what matters most for you and take your pick with out attacking the other sim lovers.

For me, I'm totally into MSFS, but I don't mind trying P3D V5 if it comes out earlier than MSFS, XP 11.50 I already have and I'm not in love with it.

enjoy your live and stay safe and healthy.

Best regard.

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

just like what MSFS2020 is doing with their streaming ADSB, the next for a calculating ATC system is largely gone.  Of course an ATC add-on or a baked in feature like MSFS2020 will still have to calculate the user's aircraft, the need for a massive auto sequencing ATC system is gone.  In theory, along with basic user aircraft guidance, as far sequencing goes, it'd just have to match the ADSB targets speed.

I've been waiting for the Ultimate Traffic series to announce this for P3D...but maybe MSFS will beat them to it.   

Guys.  There is not just a topic, but an entire forum that deals with the new MSFS.  We all know it's coming.  Please keep this on topic.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Please keep this on topic.  

The topic is the Prepar3d Website has been offline for quite some time now. And seemingly not because of some server crash.😀

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Mike just a quick question. Any recommendation for flying in Austria? Looking at purchasing either Austria Pro HD or the Realworldscenery Austria, any idea, have you tried any of them? Seems the latter has winter textures as well but reviews seem infrequent,

I have Austria Pro and for a VFR flyer like me it looks pretty good.Given I fly (nearly) in summer only I don't need Winter textures urgently. Most photo sceneries (like ORBX TE) don't provide them either. Unfortunately I can't comment on Realworldscenery (and I doubt there will be very few owning both to compare).

Perhaps this fits better to the Vienna thread, though.

Kind regards, Michael

2 hours ago, pmb said:

The topic is the Prepar3d Website has been offline for quite some time now. And seemingly not because of some server crash.😀

Kind regards, Michael

I bet you are F2 their website every 5 minutes also lol

2 minutes ago, kand said:

I bet you are F2 their website every 5 minutes also lol

Actually it’s F5.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro