Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Actually it’s F5.

I use autorefresh... 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I have Austria Pro and for a VFR flyer like me it looks pretty good.Given I fly (nearly) in summer only I don't need Winter textures urgently. Most photo sceneries (like ORBX TE) don't provide them either. Unfortunately I can't comment on Realworldscenery (and I doubt there will be very few owning both to compare).

Perhaps this fits better to the Vienna thread, though.

Kind regards, Michael

In winter I deactivate Austria Pro so FTX Global Base, Vector and Eu LC take over.

Orbx has Innsbruck and Vienna. Justsim has Innsbruck and FT has Vienna. And don’t forget Digital Design Salzburg.

For Germany : FSXforum.de . Freeware Germany photo real + AG and the southern Bundeslander have 2 seasons ( normal + snow )

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I settled on the mix.

RealWorldScenery Austria + Autogen FSXforum.de

This is the best variant!

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

Looks like it's not launching until April 14: http://prepar3d.com/login-php. What's all this downtime for?

Was just about to post but probably get the servers ready etc so they can just flip a switch next week.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I recommend keep pressing F5...

Simbol 

Looks like it comes out next week unless they put a wrong date.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

2 hours ago, pmb said:

I have Austria Pro and for a VFR flyer like me it looks pretty good.Given I fly (nearly) in summer only I don't need Winter textures urgently. Most photo sceneries (like ORBX TE) don't provide them either. Unfortunately I can't comment on Realworldscenery (and I doubt there will be very few owning both to compare).

Perhaps this fits better to the Vienna thread, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael I just happened to have purchased Austria Pro HD last night from Aerosoft for my P3Dv4.5- I'm reading about some autogen problems people are having- is this an addon that doesn't play well with ORBX?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

8 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

Michael I just happened to have purchased Austria Pro HD last night from Aerosoft for my P3Dv4.5- I'm reading about some autogen problems people are having- is this an addon that doesn't play well with ORBX?

I bought and installed Austria Pro 2,5 yrs ago and never completely reinstalled Prepar3d since, so I don't recall any details. I use Autogen Configuration Merger (ACM) for taking care of different Autogen sets. This one manages my France VFR sceneries and possibly Austria Pro (and probably others as well) together with ORBX sceneries. I am not sure if ACM was installed with Austria Pro or if I already had it installed before, but if required it will certainly install it.

At least I can tell you Austria Pro and ORBX work together on my system. For detail (e.g. compatibility with LOWI or German South) you may check the ORBX Compatibility forum, I recall there were a few tricks to make them play all together nicely.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Our P3D NDAs are lifted..😉

Feel free to ask..

We have been testing lots of stuff, you guys will have lot of fun! The clouds and water look amazing.

I will update AI lights reborn professional in the upcoming weeks so it is ready for V5, but I will wait until the first AI models from AIGM @Kaiii3 are ported before making the update available for general public in order to ensure everything is working as expected.

The upgrade for AI lights reborn professional edition to work with V5 will be free to all current and future customers and the application will work simultaneously with V4 and V5.

Regarding my freeware, it will be deprecated now as all new effects formats and colors requires lots of work and due to certain limitations the freeware would be unable to work as expected.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Our P3D NDAs are lifted..😉

Feel free to ask..

We have been testing lots of stuff, you guys will have lot of fun! The clouds and water look amazing.

I will update AI lights reborn professional in the upcoming weeks so it is ready for V5, but I will wait until the first AI models from AIGM @Kaiii3 are ported before making the update available for general public in order to ensure everything is working as expected.

The upgrade for AI lights reborn professional edition to work with V5 will be free to all current and future customers and the application will work simultaneously with V4 and V5.

Regarding my freeware, it will be deprecated now as all new effects formats and colors requires lots of work and due to certain limitations the freeware would be unable to work as expected.

Regards,

Simbol 

Will it also work with FLAi?  Can you tell us anything if this whole DX12 will yield significant performance gains?  Do you expect most developers (Aircraft/Orbx and their multiple addons/airports/activesky) etc to have to put out updates?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I noticed impoved AI now supporting sloped runways but any improvments to ATC at all? SID/STARS?

Just now, micstatic said:

Will it also work with FLAi?  Can you tell us anything if this whole DX12 will yield significant performance gains?  Do you expect most developers (Aircraft/Orbx and their multiple addons/airports/activesky) etc to have to put out updates?

Yes FLAI will also work.

LM has been working with all developers in order to ensure backwards compatibility, however inevitably there is always something that requires updating. From my side I have to adjust all lighting effects so they work correctly with PBR and non PBR textures.

I decided I don't wish to charge my customer for my work to update my content, however please understand I cannot comment on other companies pricing policies.

S.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Yes FLAI will also work.

LM has been working with all developers in order to ensure backwards compatibility, however inevitably there is always something that requires updating. From my side I have to adjust all lighting effects so they work correctly with PBR and non PBR textures.

I decided I don't wish to charge my customer for my work to update my content, however please understand I cannot comment on other companies pricing policies.

S.

yes totally understand.  I appreciate your work and the things you do for this community.  I also appreciate a developer being on the forum right now and willing to discuss what they can.  Thank you for that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

To be fair, I was expecting a lot more new features from P3D v5 than what seems to have been added to the new V5. The competition is upping it's game, it seem to me LM haven't done enough.

At this moment in time I'm feeling like i'll pass on this and it saddens me to say that. Hopefully once the many £1,000s of addons what people own like ORBX, A2A, Active Sky etc are implemented that these will dramatically improve how it looks, and how it feels to fly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.