Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Updated over 24,000 airports with new data across the entire globe.

See that is interesting to me. While I expect them to look like the current default airports, it would still be nice to see some before and afters of major ones.

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Just do a copy of the .XML, copy it to Prepar3D V5 Add-ons and you are done.. providing it is backward compatible now it works now on both sims..

However it is always advisable to ask the original developer for an update. My add-on's will be updated to do this on behalf of the user, plus other changes that are require to make things work "visually" correctly.

S.

I was thinking about NOT doing that.  Rather, I have half-a-thought to simply installing v5 bone stock, and flying it that way for a few days.  Then, I might install the AIG AI (does the AIG one-click-installer work with v5?) and AILights Reborn Pro (once it's ready for v5) and see how everything looks, especially at night.   That is BEFORE I do anything else.  I have a hankering to do something I did a decade ago -- get some really good AI going and plane-watch.  I haven't done that in so long...

Only then might I proceed with selectively installing a few aircraft or sceneries.

I feel like I have some dirty installs in my v4 and with v5 I want to keep everything out of the simroot and organized.  If I can.  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

since i was taged here by @simbol I will hijack the topic for AIGTech xD

AIGTech had no access to the Beta so far so we can not say if AIGAIM OCI is currently fully working with v5. Reading here some posts it seems it should work with a few changes but I need to make some tests on ym own so I have to wait till the release to do so. Till then everything is more or less speculation from my side.

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

I kind of gave up at the 2nd screenshot. We can see all the nice things we all know and love. Like the good old FS9 trees, hires runway textures with huge single-color white terrible synthetic markings on them, the good old generic blurry ground textures AKA the FS9 green and black blobs (is it supposed to look like grass? I've been wondering for many years), a runway edge that is made up by two straight lines, a tire smoke effect that looks like water coming up from the runway.

If this is the stunning visuals and groundbreaking features some people have been talking about (while also bashing MSFS2020), I simply don't get it. I wish you the best of luck with your continued core0 tweaks and autogen/AI vehicles that can rotate in up to 6 different directions when moving, and other FS9 artefacts. I will be moving on now.

• Upvote 4

Most important thing to me would be a finally total overdone autogen loading mechanism. It is a pity to have autogen draw distance set to medium just to avoid loading in patches. But honestly, I guess this was not touched at all.

Really nice though that they finally resized those autogen buildings that were obviously to big in most cases. Hope they did the same with the monster-trees?

Then, I also hope that thanks to DX12, the CPU-GPU interaction will be improved to even better use the resources. Might give some FPS (not expecting miracles there).

Last, I might reconsider sticking to the classic way of how my addons are installed into P3Dv4.5, I might even finally use this "move to library" thing by ORBX. Sadly, some of the older sceneries might need a reinstallation anyway...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Good news... 

Does anyone knows if we'll be able to change the time of day direct from the keyboard ?

too much, too soon....

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Just to give a grasp of how much interaction LM has had with developers, even ADE (Airport Design Editor) has been updated to work with V5 as the developer of this wonderful tool is part of LM Beta team and kindly updated the tool so other devs could use it to edit and test their add-on's for V5.

S.

FsReborn Pro is a musthave Addon. Will it be compatible with V5 ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, simbol said:

My favorite thing under V5 are the clouds!!!,

S.

Did they get around the 2 cloud layer limitation that Flight Sim World had with TrueSky? That's a showstopper for sure.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

still no possibility to activate/deactivate runway lights manually 😞

too much, too soon....

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

since i was taged here by @simbol I will hijack the topic for AIGTech xD

AIGTech had no access to the Beta so far so we can not say if AIGAIM OCI is currently fully working with v5. Reading here some posts it seems it should work with a few changes but I need to make some tests on ym own so I have to wait till the release to do so. Till then everything is more or less speculation from my side.

You will be fine 😉. Please let me know when you get it going so I can fully test AI Lights Reborn, etc.

S.

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

FsReborn Pro is a musthave Addon. Will it be compatible with V5 ?

Yes I did a statement on my own forums, you will get the update for FREE after a couple of weeks P3D V5 has been released. 

S.

35 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Did they get around the 2 cloud layer limitation that Flight Sim World had with TrueSky? That's a showstopper for sure.

In my tests I could add as many layers as I wanted.

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

You will be fine 😉. Please let me know when you get it going so I can fully test AI Lights Reborn, etc.

S.

well i have to wait till release then give me 1 or 2 days to install it and run some test 😉 so maybe at the weekend AIGTech will have a nice suprise for everyone ^^

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

well i have to wait till release then give me 1 or 2 days to install it and run some test 😉 so maybe at the weekend AIGTech will have a nice suprise for everyone ^^

The problem you shared with me regarding helicopters is now fixed as I report it 😉