Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I think P3D has many years left in it. It doesn't appear Vatsim/Ivao will be part of MS2020 as they plan their own servers which, if the past is any indication, is not realistic with human ATC and filled with morons doing everything wrong you can imagine. If so, I know a few thousand due hards that fly online will stay with P3D, me included.

Trust me, Lockheed has indicated they are committed to the platform. I'd prefer to keep using Vatsim also. I'm sticking with P3D. 

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

hink P3D has many years left in it. It doesn't appear Vatsim/Ivao will be part of MS2020 as they plan their own servers which, if the past is any indication, is not realistic with human ATC and filled with morons doing everything wrong you can imagine. If so, I know a few thousand due hards that fly online will stay with P3D, me included.

I'm one of them and I will obviously also get MSFS when it is released. 

But realistically,  I foresee a graduated transition to MSFS -  if it fully accommodates the type of flying I like to do.  It is also worth considering that by the time MSFS is eventually released, that P3DV5 will be a fully matured V5 platform -  already benefiting from a number of hot-fixes or incremental improvements, and masses of addons   The impetus to just 'jump ship' may not be as appealing at that stage as it might be today. 

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, virtuali said:

A quick test here at FSDT KORD V2, to show some of the performance gain you can expect with V5, thanks to DX12:

Thanks very much for the test. Apart from the striking difference in the sky due to TrueSky the performance gains seem stunning. It looked like you had around double the frame rate. Add the apparently increased GPU headroom available and I'm totally sold.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Thanks very much for the test. Apart from the striking difference in the sky due to TrueSky the performance gains seem stunning. It looked like you had around double the frame rate. Add the apparently increased GPU headroom available and I'm totally sold.

Although it also seemed like it went up and down a lot. I see it often jump from 60 down to 30 and back up again. I don't know if this is an artifact in the FPS counter or a sign of stutters...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Although it also seemed like it went up and down a lot. I see it often jump from 60 down to 30 and back up again. I don't know if this is an artifact in the FPS counter or a sign of stutters...

Oh no, cover our eyes! Please, I implore you, please don't resurrect the dreaded “S” word!!

Mike 😟

Well. After reading 13 pages of comments and meanwhile thinking what has happened so unexpected yesterday, at least to me, I am very pleased to see that LM is not giving up on us.

I am really happy about the huge list with big and impressive enhancements coming to us. 

I like what I saw. Yes, the trailer was "a bit" simple. But be honest. I did not expected this big update/news coming in April this year! It really surprised me. I also had some thoughts that maybe they would drop the line for the "hobby community" and only serve the business market.

So: I am positive surprised and also happy with these offer they make.

I am not the one who is putting all effort to just one platform. Of course I am also pleased what I am seeing from MSFS.

But there is one big difference between them:

1. Microsoft is joining the market "again" and has a "long way to go".Think of all those planes, services and enhancement packages. Of course they are talking about 40.000 Airports out of the box....and so far and so on....but also they will be very standard compared to an airport which is develppped by an developer who is only concentrating on that special airport! This also counts to a lot of other stuff I am using
  2. P3D is already on the market and V5 is just 1 week away! I will get a lot of my enhancements working again on that platform. AND a lot of developers offer a free upgrade or a reasonable price. In my opinion that is a huge commitment to us as a community and to LM as a platform supplier. We will have to wait what these developers a offering/charging when MSFS hits the market. NOTE: I am willing to pay for all their work! That should be really clear. I am not counting to a customer who is barking at these developers why they are charging us for their work. 
  3. I can choose on P3D V5 if I want a full clean setup with or without backward compatible addons. 

So my short summary:

• Great news to me
  • A lot of my wishes will be fullfillled
  • A lot features and enhancements will come surely after V5
  • I can sim in a pretty up to date simulator in just 6 or 7 days
  • There are more platforms to use with all their own strengths 
  • I have one dream left: Streaming real world data with nice "light illuminating enhancements" maybe in feature?

A big "Thanks" to LM and all the developers who put a lot of their effort already in!

As a  simmer a appreciate all of this.

And apologize to all developers, for all the simmers who wanted to sit on the first row for 5 cent and bagging you to work for free - that is not a proper representation of a flight sim community!

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Quite excited to see this announced. It has addressed a number of things that have bugged me but not stopped me flying. Great to see the sky/weather and water changes, does that mean there is now the potential for landing lights to illuminate the clouds/fog?

I'll be moving to v5 when certain addons are confirmed as compatible. Good work LM.

JH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

I'll be moving to v5 when certain addons are confirmed as compatible. Good work LM.

JH

yep.  Me too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I want to move to v5, but I have a 737 cockpit which utilises the PMDG 737 NGX.

I can't use the NGXu because my VRInsight overhead panel is not compatible with

it. I very much doubt PMDG will update the NGX when they are not selling it anymore,

so I will probably be stuck with v4 - gutted.

13 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

That will be 5.1 then. Well that's the normal case..

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

47 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Oh no, cover our eyes! Please, I implore you, please don't resurrect the dreaded “S” word!!

Mike 😟

Erm... I'm just looking at the data presented and commenting on what I see. We have a chance to hear from Umberto himself about this, since it's his videos. How about we just wait for him to comment...?

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

will a gTX 1060 6gb be enough for all the typical addons (30fps atm in v4-orbx, active sky, pmdg) or will i have to pay for like a rtx2060 super

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

After flying the alpha of MSFS for quite some time now... I gotta say I will Uninstall P3D as soon as there is any decent airliner available. 

Also v5 won't change this. 

Until then I enjoy the corona quarantine with WoW Classic. 

• Like 1