Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

17 minutes ago, pmb said:

At least, Prepar3d5 seems to be usable if you have up-to-date hardware. Some previous simulators - including the original FSX - were barely usable even with a state of the art system at release.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes. I think when FSX came out we were quite a bit lower down in the hardware performance curve back then.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

41 minutes ago, pmb said:

At least, Prepar3d5 seems to be usable if you have up-to-date hardware. Some previous simulators - including the original FSX - were barely usable even with a state of the art system at release.

Kind regards, Michael

Correct I for one will go for V5 🙂 Happy to have multi simulators installed amazing times for us virtual pilots 🙂

André

33 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Yes. I think when FSX came out we were quite a bit lower down in the hardware performance curve back then.

When FSX was developed the hardware philosophy was core speed. Back then the idea was single core cpu pushing above 7 ghz at some point ind the near future. The same year FSX was released Intel released their Core 2 Duo, starting the multi core race and lower clock speeds than expected.

• Like 1

And DX10 was just arriving pushing more work onto the GPU.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

As I understand it, all airports of version 4.5 are installed without problems? Only without new features. (inclined runways and PBR grass)

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

I know Tues is right around the corner, but I ask if all 24000 airports have been updated to include new parking and such? The reason I’m asking is for years my home airport (KRME) has had no parking besides the single fuel box...frustrating because all the traffic programs don’t include traffic for it due to no parking.

2 hours ago, otreblA said:

That is a trailer!

I just wish these videos, would show much more low level water...so far, I see v4.5 water...hoping for someone to take off and land with an amphib!  Let's see some of that nVidia Water 2.0 magic!

Remember : Fs2000 , as real as it gets ..... 😁

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

20 minutes ago, Sticky said:

I know Tues is right around the corner, but I ask if all 24000 airports have been updated to include new parking and such? The reason I’m asking is for years my home airport (KRME) has had no parking besides the single fuel box...frustrating because all the traffic programs don’t include traffic for it due to no parking.

I would like to know also! Really annoying flying into airports and the data does not match the Navigraph charts! 🤨

Would expect from a professional simulator to have at least this data correct!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

I might actually purchase this and give it a go. And I’m a dedicated XP guy since way back in fs9. 

I once tried p3d v4 buy it only lasted 2 weeks, was too stuttery. And looked bland. 

3 hours ago, curt1 said:

My system is 4 years old now with a GTX 970 card (4GB),

Then by all means start upgrading components. That is what I do with my PC's. My CPU and motherboard are now 8 years old but I'm on my 3rd GPU during its lifespan. The GTX 970 is the only one I kind of regret buying because I didn't pay attention to the fact that it is basially a 3.5 + 0.5 GB card, rendering all ram abover 3.5 virtually usesless because the last 500 MB are abysmally slow.

Currently I have the GTX 1660Ti which was kind of a compromise, because I knew it was going to be the last upgrade before motherboard, cpu and ram get changed in the not so distant future.

Edited by Farlis

And where is it written about the cost of the upgrade?

12 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

And where is it written about the cost of the upgrade?

If you 'view source' on the LM store page and search for V5, there is a hidden section of Javascript that clearly shows it will be the same as before (for academic) -- $59.95.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Can I roll back to version 4.5 by reinstalling the Client?

4 hours ago, simbol said:

In the meantime a here is a Video showing V5

Thanks for posting that.

I'm sure gonna miss Active Sky Cloud Art.  Too bad it's not animated.

After watching that video I had to google "timelapse cloud videos" to see what the clouds should look like in time lapse.  I was amazed at how close ASCA was.  Except for the animation.

Didn't I read that there was an option to not use TrueSky?  What do you get if you go that route?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;