Sign in to follow this  
kand

P3D v5 is DX12

Apparently it makes sense to wait until all add-ons work with the fifth version. Why install two simulators? Just for curiosity. He looked at the clouds and the water and back. There, where everything is configured and working))

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Apparently it makes sense to wait until all add-ons work with the fifth version. Why install two simulators?

I still have a dormant copy of FSX installed... Kind of nice to be able to go back and pick up bits and pieces as time goes on..

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I still have a dormant copy of FSX installed... Kind of nice to be able to go back and pick up bits and pieces as time goes on..

For one aircraft. PMDG MD11. 😉

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, pgde said:

If you 'view source' on the LM store page and search for V5, there is a hidden section of Javascript that clearly shows it will be the same as before (for academic) -- $59.95.

Plus VAT I suppose.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

The performance gains look very promising.

I really hope so ... Regarding FT YSSY the fps increase is about 37% which would be enough to push me into the 20s with PMDG's 747. Though, I recognized that FT numbers are without any AI.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

37 minutes ago, joherszch said:

New video from Rob, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgJ9W7CVf4 showing off Orbx NorCal, SoCal, KMRY.

The waves! What’s even more impressive is the resolution...everything cranked and yet still smooth in SoCal...sure His hardware is top of the line but it leaves me excited for next week!

• Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Two comments after watching Rob's latest video.....

• The wake generated by the floats needs to stop when the plane is airborne
  • I miss the sloshing sound (audible in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3) as the plane bobs up and down on the water :smile:
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope with their continuing improvement of the water, they are able to introduce some natural 3D waves for shorelines instead of those 2D effect based ones they are using now. They don't look particularly nice.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:
  • I miss the sloshing sound (audible in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3) as the plane bobs up and down on the water :smile:

Accufeel is your friend

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I hope with their continuing improvement of the water, they are able to introduce some natural 3D waves for shorelines instead of those 2D effect based ones they are using now. They don't look particularly nice.

Yes I agree, when they used the Triton water it was a dumbed down version just using the basic features of the SDK with P3d still doing the render work. It looks like they have used this approach again with the nvidia water when compared with the capability Still I am pleased with the platforms progression. 

2 hours ago, joherszch said:

New video from Rob, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgJ9W7CVf4 showing off Orbx NorCal, SoCal, KMRY.

Thx for link. Just still I dont know why people did blocked FPS in XXI century and in modern computer on level 30. Its a nonsense :D. The differences between for example 30 and 60 (or more) are very visible and on 30 its not smooth picture.

btw. I dont see clouds shadows on ground/water ...

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thx for link. Just still I dont know why people did blocked FPS in XXI century and in modern computer on level 30. Its a nonsense :D. The differences between for example 30 and 60 (or more) are very visible and on 30 its not smooth picture.

I feel the same. 60fps is way smoother than 30. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joherszch said:

Rob should be the one posting videos for LM. 😀

I'd love to know if the color of the water changes with the region. I'd like to see this water in FL or the Caribbean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrNvZLPBGE

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Rob should be the one posting videos for LM. 😀

His is in a way. The amount of time and effort Rob puts in to instruct us all on the flight sims happenings is highly commendable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com