Sign in to follow this  
Concodroid

Why do you think flight simulator is a "game"?

35 minutes ago, Jazz said:

It's a game because as far as I'm aware they left out the part where someone squeezes milk from your tit and then makes delicious cheese from it.

You gotta go all in for it to be a sim😉

"goat" and "delicious cheese"? Does not compute!

Ian Box

I'm not positive I've ever had a cheese made from goat's milk.  I eat Feta quite often. I understand its sometimes a mix of sheep's and goat's milk.

My favorite cheese right now is Manchego. absolutely delicious.

But I think a simmer with lots of iFly 737 or PMDG experience would have a better chance at landing a real 737 than a person who never sims at all.

and why exactly do some of us cringe at the thought of flight simulator being called a game?  I don't care what people call it but I do cringe a bit when people call it a game...as if it were no different than any game where all you have to do is point a gun as accurately as you can and pull a trigger as fast as you can.

As a kid I remember being strangely attracted to panels with lots of buttons and gauges.  I had no idea what they did...whatever panels and gauges I was looking at.  To me its almost like getting a good grade on a test to be able to look at a panel and know what every button, switch, dial and gauge does or means.

I never was good at sports.  Brute force was not my specialty.  But somehow flipping switches in the proper order and watching the instruments so you know where you are...it just feels right.

P.S. @Concodroid -- its a discussion group.  this is what we do. Personally Im glad to have the distraction.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

4 minutes ago, sightseer said:

P.S. @Concodroid -- its a discussion group.  this is what we do.

I see that. Never thought I'd see "goat cheese" on avsim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

... they left out the part where someone squeezes milk from your tit and then makes delicious cheese from it....

I bet there's a Japanese site for that (it may include tentacles..) :blink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Games are for entertainment, as we all know.

ESP & P3D are not!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Do I see 9?

Jazz & HighByPass = Best post so far!!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

On 4/5/2020 at 5:04 PM, mSparks said:

MSFS2020 and FSX cannot be used for training/commercially, they for entertainment purposes only. Dont think I'm going far enough to break the rules by saying this is not true of P3D and Xplane.

Yes, I know. But it does not mean, that MSFS can not be closer to the reality than X-plane and P3D 🙂 So for me and other home users MSFS can offer much better simulation, than X-plane and P3D, although not for commercial purposes.

• Upvote 1

FSX & FSX:SE are for entertainment only! ESP was the commercial version of FSX

P3D is the Not for entertainment program. Redbird sells FAA approved hardware to be used with P3D.

So, if you are making money using FSX, according to it's EULA, a definite NONO!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I thought one of the seven deadly sins of AVSIM was 'Thou shalt not discuss the P3D EULA' or you're straight into the pit. 👿

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The FAA came through a number of years back and clarified that when the ATD manufacture was not the software provider then the software must be licensed to the hardware provider for the specific purpose of flight training.

7 hours ago, sightseer said:

I'm not positive I've ever had a cheese made from goat's milk.  I eat Feta quite often. I understand its sometimes a mix of sheep's and goat's milk.

Goat, sheep......It's all the same to us in Wales 😉

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I hope it's real goat's cheese, not from Goat Simulator. 

Goat Simulator sounds a lot better than Goat Game..but that's for another forum.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

The answer is it's both a game and a simulator. It depends on how the person is using it.

• Upvote 1