Sign in to follow this  
Concodroid

Why do you think flight simulator is a "game"?

8 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe a Combat Flight Simulator 4 would be quite amazing?

Avsimmers would probably call it CFS2021!

Probably not. There's no number after Flight Sim, so we call it fs2020. We'd call Combat CFS4.

If the manufacturer calls it a game you'd be silly to call it something else. They're all games. The steam store sells games. Guess where you can get fsx and x-plane!

This is like me telling myself Gran Turismo isn't a game lol.

Btw guys, whatever they are labeled it won't take away from your enjoyment of them.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Allow me to make a suggestion. MS should have two versions :

- One would named «flight simulator » and priced at 199 USD/EUR 

- the other would be named « flight game » and priced at 59 USD/EUR

They would be absolutely identical except maybe for a watermark on the second one specifying that it is a game (so not to be taken seriously)  but buying the « simulator » would definitely give more satisfaction to the ego of some of our fellow simmers. And benefit MS bottom line.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 11

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What i'm worried about are the 'gamers' entering the 'Live Players' multiplayer area just to mess around and not being serious, ignoring or not knowing the rules of aviation. I know there is a 'All Players' area for that, but trolls will be trolls...

Will there be some kind of system kicking these players?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

9 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Maybe Asobo staff will patrol the skies in Rafales and shoot down any offending aircraft? 😎

Edited by goates
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

They would be absolutely identical except maybe for a watermark on the second one specifying that it is a game (so not to be taken seriously)  but buying the « simulator » would definitely give more satisfaction to the ego of some of our fellow simmers. And benefit MS bottom line.

That's a great idea. And they should also redo all there textures to be from 2005

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mp15 said:

Xbox game

But no mobile game... 😞 (thanks god)

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

More like MSFS PC $120 they will pay anything to get their fix 

X BOX Series X top end PC hardware $60 staying in the ballpark of other Games 

Game pass PC 4.99 XBOX Gold Free.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

What i'm worried about are the 'gamers' entering the 'Live Players' multiplayer area just to mess around and not being serious, ignoring or not knowing the rules of aviation. I know there is a 'All Players' area for that, but trolls will be trolls...

I'm a gamer but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the sims and taking them seriously when I have to.

You know what, It seems a lot of you guys have a messed up view of what games are like these days. I invite you to go look up videos of Uncharted 4 or The last of Us. As an example of hundreds gamers being disciplined in a multiplayer setting I can point you to Planetside 2.

In any case, I'm pretty sure we will have private rooms/servers that can be closely moderated by the creator and password gated so only trusted players get in.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

42 minutes ago, Krakin said:

In any case, I'm pretty sure we will have private rooms/servers that can be closely moderated by the creator and password gated so only trusted players get in.

That's not what I meant. If you want to fly with as much as possible traffic (incl. the other simmers, you don't want planes cutting you off through the grass on the taxi ways, or planes trying to crash into you. Serious players aren't the problem, it's the ones only there to troll. 

And I'm not looking for a closed session, boring.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Boy has this topic been beaten to death. Why does it matter to the community what people view it as.

Rather amusing to read.

A game studio I believe is coding this product. Enough said.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 2

Why do you think flight simulator is a "game"?

Because mSparks told me to think that way.

• Like 2

I'm just going to go back to my original post in this thread. It's both as it's up to the individual person to decide how they view the program.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1