Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Can the herky jerky animation of GSX Level 2 jetways be imp?

Recommended Posts

Just bought it, tried to go to FSDT forum but unable to log in yet.  Every other animated airport vehicle, plane, etc are smooth.  But when the jetways animate they are pretty bad and I'm wondering if there is something to fix that.  CPU nor GPU is nowhere near maxed so it appears to be unique to these.

Thanks


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure what you got going on there Noel, but this is a rare complaint about a popular product.  The animations are always fluid in my simulation sessions.  Instead of blaming the product I recommend you start looking for reasons why this happens.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post

The jetways themselves are actually SODE objects, GSX just provides an interface to them.

Mine are smooth.  I'd check to make sure you don't have something like two copies of SODE being invoked (e.g. from different xml files), or an affinity mask issue.  Could also be a Simconnect problem, as that's how SODE talks to P3D...make sure all the legacy FSX Simconnect versions that shipped with P3D (FSX RTM, FSX SP1, and FSX SP2/Accel) were installed.

 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys, I will look into those and it's great to know it's a problem here and not something built in.  My install of everything is real fresh and all's well, but it should be easy to troubleshoot w/ the info provided, I let you know.

Cheers


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, w6kd said:

The jetways themselves are actually SODE objects, GSX just provides an interface to them.

Mine are smooth.  I'd check to make sure you don't have something like two copies of SODE being invoked (e.g. from different xml files), or an affinity mask issue.  Could also be a Simconnect problem, as that's how SODE talks to P3D...make sure all the legacy FSX Simconnect versions that shipped with P3D (FSX RTM, FSX SP1, and FSX SP2/Accel) were installed.

 

It's not an affinity mask issue I just checked.  But I don't see any references to which Simconnect versions were installed, they're not under programs that I could see, but I did search and found this if you can guide me on where to look next.  Where can I look to see what was actually installed?  And xml files that might be invoked SODE?  I'm in over my head but I can follow directions hopefully!

Simconnect.png


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, downscc said:

Not sure what you got going on there Noel, but this is a rare complaint about a popular product.  The animations are always fluid in my simulation sessions.  Instead of blaming the product I recommend you start looking for reasons why this happens.

That's a weird comment Dan.  I didn't blame the product I was just...looking for reasons why this happens.

  • Like 1

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, w6kd said:

The jetways themselves are actually SODE objects, GSX just provides an interface to them.

Mine are smooth.  I'd check to make sure you don't have something like two copies of SODE being invoked (e.g. from different xml files), or an affinity mask issue.  Could also be a Simconnect problem, as that's how SODE talks to P3D...make sure all the legacy FSX Simconnect versions that shipped with P3D (FSX RTM, FSX SP1, and FSX SP2/Accel) were installed.

 

I see there are five SimConnect.msi files.  Should I execute each of those, I guess overwriting the original install, if indeed they were installed.


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Noel said:

It's not an affinity mask issue I just checked.  But I don't see any references to which Simconnect versions were installed, they're not under programs that I could see, but I did search and found this if you can guide me on where to look next.  Where can I look to see what was actually installed?  And xml files that might be invoked SODE?  I'm in over my head but I can follow directions hopefully!

Simconnect.png

In your windows add/remove programs section..?

Share this post


Link to post

That is the first place I thought it would appear but I'm not seeing it.  The thing is I have many add-ons installed that use simconnect and they seem to work fine.  So I may just put up with this for now I hate to disturb what is otherwise a clean fresh install.  I will try running P3D w/o ActiveSky for P3D v4 and also not starting REX Skyforce, and not starting FSCaptain as I think they all use SimConnect.


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Noel said:

I see there are five SimConnect.msi files.  Should I execute each of those, I guess overwriting the original install, if indeed they were installed.

Simconnect installs each version as a separate side-by-side library, which means they do not overwrite each other, but coexist in parallel.

Some programs (ASP4 is one) will revert to a different version of Simconnect if the one they request is not there, instead of exiting with an error.  Use of the wrong version in some cases can lead to problems.  I had ASP4 crashing on me, and it turned out that i had forgotten to install the SP2-XPACK version after a P3D reinstall.

 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Simconnect installs each version as a separate side-by-side library, which means they do not overwrite each other, but coexist in parallel.

Some programs (ASP4 is one) will revert to a different version of Simconnect if the one they request is not there, instead of exiting with an error.  Use of the wrong version in some cases can lead to problems.  I had ASP4 crashing on me, and it turned out that i had forgotten to install the SP2-XPACK version after a P3D reinstall.

 

I think you may be on to something.  I am using ASP4 and now that I think of it a couple of times an error notification popped up having to do w/ simconnect when I launched ASP4.  I closed it, and ASP4 still loaded and behaved fine so I ignored it.  Should uninstall/reinstall ASP4 presumably?  I will say despite the low budget animation they do work exactly correctly to connect up to aircraft.   

 

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post

No need to reinstall ASP4.  Just install/reinstall all the Simconnect versions, and ASP4 will link to it when it runs.


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No need to reinstall ASP4.  Just install/reinstall all the Simconnect versions, and ASP4 will link to it when it runs.

Bob, how can I uninstall them they aren't listed in Add/Remove programs?  I see the various one's listed in my file search, .msi files.   


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post

If in doubt, just re-run the msi.  No need to uninstall. 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post

Re-run all of the .msi's?

 


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,080.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...