Sign in to follow this  
charco92

FSX SE: R22 Engine start up & MAP control problem

Good evening everyone,

Hope you are all well in these tough times. I have a friend that started taking PPL(H) lessons and wants to practice. I advised him to install FSX and use it as it helped me out in the past during my training (I am real life A320 pilot).

I have an issue regarding the flying of the default R22 in FSX SE. I cannot control correctly the engine.

Let me explain:

1. When loading the flight, GOVERNOR ON & ENG ON = I have significant variation of the MAP at idle

2. When switching the governor OFF, I have the ability to control the MAP (without any fluctuation. See above) through the PROPELLER AXIS

3. When loading the flight, COLD & DARK this time= Impossible to control the Engine RPM which goes way too high + when engaging the clutch to start up the rotor, the engines just simply stalls.

4. When in the virtual cockpit & looking down on the collective, I can see it is at 0%. However the throttle is showing 100%.

5. When the governor is off, the THROTTLE only moves from 0-50%

I have configured as follow:

X52 Saitek HOTAS with the drivers installed. No SST Profiles created or being used.

Collective axis is configured per FSX which is the throttle axis

Throttle axis is configured per FSX which is the propeller axis

It is most likely due to my lack of knowledge when it comes to helicopter. I have a bit of understanding when it comes to MAP & RPM. I just don't get the R22 under FSX.

Looking forward to hear your ideas.

Thomas.