Sign in to follow this  
BProduction222

Soft Mute not Working

Hello,

First of all, I am a huge fan of the product and been an owner since day one! Keep up the great work. I also use FS2Crew for all of my Flights if available and can't wait for the CRJ Pro Variant. 

Either way, I wanted to ask for some help. Either I am doing something wrong or there is a bug in the product. 

The issue is that whenever I speak using FS2Crew or just in general, UGCX picks everything up, and responds when it thinks I am saying the phraseology it is expecting. 

To have a better understanding, I make YT videos and sometimes I talk about the flight or whatever I am doing with the Aircraft, and UGCX will think I am saying "Ground From Cockpit" to which it always responds of course and this is annoying. 

I was hoping to set up Soft Mute, but when using Propeller Sync, it won't work. Not sure why. I tried reinstalling UGCX as well and also tried running a aircraft without FS2Crew. 

So with this issue, I hope there is a solution to, and if not, I would have a feature recommendation.

The Recommendation: As soon as you cleared the Ground Crew to Disconnect and go to Hand signals, UGCX will then disable all voice recognition until requesting something new from the Menu.

I hope there is a solution to this.

Kind Regards

Ben Roppoli

17 hours ago, BenAir said:

First of all, I am a huge fan of the product and been an owner since day one! Keep up the great work. I also use FS2Crew for all of my Flights if available and can't wait for the CRJ Pro Variant. 

Thank you very much!!!, it's always good to read good comments about our products!, even if they are the few good reviews, that help us to get more motivation to get it better, and improve it, with all your suggestions and comments, we take them, analyze and implement them. So thank you again by supporting us!.

17 hours ago, BenAir said:

The issue is that whenever I speak using FS2Crew or just in general, UGCX picks everything up, and responds when it thinks I am saying the phraseology it is expecting. 

I understand, we had a lot of reports from users saying that the speech recognition system always was picking up commands, and trigger false-positive, or even voice commands that weren't intended to be said. So from UGCX v1.7, we implemented the PTT (Push-To-Talk Key), you can configure a special hot key, in your keyboard, or a joystick's button, to be used by UGCX as a Push-To-Talk key, as if you were talking to the ATC controller. In this way, you just need to press that hot key (or joystick button), while you say the voice command, then release the hot key (or joystick button) when you finish saying the voice command.So basicly, you avoid having UGCX always listenning for a voice command. By default in UGCX v1.7, this PTT key is disabled, because some BETA users, wanted to it be like the way it was on preview versions, that's why the PTT key is disabled by default, unless, you assign a hot key to it, UGCX will see during initialization that you assigned a PTT key and will stop always listenning for voice commands automatically, and it will wait until you hit the PTT key and say a voice command. Check out on the manuals, so you can see it in detail.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for all you are doing with this product. I agree about receiving positive feedback and motivation. I know that many times, the only feedback one may receive is negative. So, I want to add my voice to Ben's in letting you know that I have had this product since it was first released and love it. In relation to Ben's question and your response, I have a question. 

I have reviewed the documentation and your training video and see how one can go in and add a hotkey for the PTT. However, I could not figure out how to assign a joystick button as the hotkey. The documentation says that it must start with CTRL or ALT and then the key. Can you provide some information on how to add a button as a hotkey?

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by jtmessinger

2 hours ago, jtmessinger said:

Thanks for all you are doing with this product. I agree about receiving positive feedback and motivation. I know that many times, the only feedback one may receive is negative. So, I want to add my voice to Ben's in letting you know that I have had this product since it was first released and love it.

Thank you!, yes, you are right, there are many negative comments, and few positives, but even with that we are trying to improve even more.

2 hours ago, jtmessinger said:

I have reviewed the documentation and your training video and see how one can go in and add a hotkey for the PTT. However, I could not figure out how to assign a joystick button as the hotkey. The documentation says that it must start with CTRL or ALT and then the key. Can you provide some information on how to add a button as a hotkey?

You are right, the joystick example is not in the manuals. But sometime ago, I made a short example on a post:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/571625-assign-ptt-key-on-joystick/?do=findComment&comment=4194331

on the forum that could help you understandhow to assign a joystick button. I will try to add this to the manuals, as you can assign joystick assignments to any UGCX event's hot key, the problem that is not user friendly ...hehehe 

If you have any other issue or question let me know...

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Thanks Manuel for the link. I read through the thread and I will give it a try. 

I appreciate all the good work you and Bryan are doing to bring such great products. 

Thanks,

Jeff

4 hours ago, jtmessinger said:

I appreciate all the good work you and Bryan are doing to bring such great products.

Thank you!!!

4 hours ago, jtmessinger said:

hanks Manuel for the link. I read through the thread and I will give it a try.

Let me know how it goes your tests.

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

I saw the PTT feature and read the manuals as well, but couldn't find a detailed description of how to assign Joystick Buttons. But I will check out the link you posted earlier. 

Looking forward to what is in store next.

3 hours ago, BenAir said:

I saw the PTT feature and read the manuals as well, but couldn't find a detailed description of how to assign Joystick Buttons. But I will check out the link you posted earlier. 

Looking forward to what is in store next.

Please see this thread:

Edited by byork