Sign in to follow this  
karim_

QW787 screen performance too low

Dear simmers,

I am recently trying out the QW787 1.2.1

I found a significant drop in fps but thats okay.

However, my screens, in particular ND PFD, seem like they are updating too slow. So when I turn the A/C, the screens don't change as smooth as it should be.

Anyone experienced the same and has a fix for it?

Greetz,

Karim

Hi Captain,

You can add this config into the qw787.ini file located in the main Qualitywings folder:   GaugeRefreshRate=20
The default value is 18 but you can adjust to your liking.

T. Headlam

Edited by Benzhangar

Hey,

Thank you for your quick answer!

I cant find the qw787.ini file in the qualitywings folder..

there is qw787.cfg though. Is this the file I need to change?

Thanks

Karim

Never mind found it in the Manual 😄

You should add it in QW787.cfg in the main folder!

Thank you for the help!

karim

Did you try it?  I thought I read you could change this line in the CFG, however it didn't actually result in better gauge smoothness in the sim?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yes I tried it and in my opinion it changes the screen smoothness, maybe 20 is still too low so I will change it to 22 and get back to you!

Edited by karim_

The max is 18, so anything above that won't make a difference. The displays in the QW787 are just terrible, sorry to say.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I hope there is a workaround this unpleasant detail..

I see on youtube videos people using the AC and the screens look way more fluent! There should be something I guess..

I have only noticed it with the TERRAIN option enabled, but I assume that any weather displays would also exhibit the same problem?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

yes any display has the same problem, I really don't know why that happens..

the gaugerefreshrate is not helping with that.

I also have this flickering top on all of the screens that returns every 10 seconds.

thanks

karim

I have not noticed any problems with the screens other than the lag of the terrain display when turning.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have not noticed any problems with the screens other than the lag of the terrain display when turning.

watch the altitude "ticker" as it scrolls.  Once you notice it, it becomes dominant.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next