Sign in to follow this  
Kuax

Trying to run Envtex for fs9

Hello,

today I've installed Envtex for fs9 (https://www.togaprojects.com/freewares). Installation ran fine but it doesn't start. Event viewer tells me event id 1026 - runtime error. Googled for it but nothing to find in that context. A lot of posts concerning that event id but nothing related to Envtex. Am I the only one with that prob? Tried to run it as an admin which also failed. Anyone had the same experience or better an advice what to do?

Thanks

Man!  I hate it when someone has a broken Google on their computer! It's never happened to me, but I can imagine how frustrating it is!  Grin! Wink! You might consider contacting Google and letting them know Google is broken on your computer (they'll laugh too, but it's all in good fun).

I was able to Google the error just fine (guess it works on my computer... okay, I'll stop teasing you, but I truly mean it in good harmless fun).  Here are my Google results.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=event+id+1026+runtime+error

You have a problem with your .net runtimes.  Possibly you have not updated/installed the latest or the version that is used with your application.  NOTE:  Each developer selects the .Net version they want to write to for their application, and I have no idea what TOGA used for the FS9 application, so it's best to fix / update all them on your computer.

The following post  (and answers) out of the Google Results above should get you started.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/f4285ab8-b4ce-40be-9434-354ec7cfa783/event-id-1026-net-runtime-error-on-scnotificationexe?forum=clr

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

😉 As I told.... found a lot of posts, like you, concerning that runtime error but nothing related to Envtex or people having the same probs running it. TOGA's telling .net 4.5 has to be installed. I'm having 4.8 which includes 4.5.

I'll tell Google they should fix their search engine 😉

well id say just because 4.8 "includes 4.5" it could be missing something. download the 4.5 and install it anyway. see if that fixes the problem. i've had issues in the past with these net frameworks and all it was was a bad "included" version. 

I'm totally with you - they're a pain in the a...

Well installing 4.5 doesn't work. It tells that a newer version (4.8) is already installed.

In event viewer I'm getting this error messages:

- event id 1026, .net runtime

Application: Envtex_FS9.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
   at System.Drawing.Icon.Initialize(Int32, Int32)
   at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.SerializationInvoke(System.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext ByRef)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(System.Object, System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectHolder)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler, System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler, Boolean, Boolean, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage)
   at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32)
   at System.Resources.ResourceReader._LoadObjectV2(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32, System.Resources.ResourceTypeCode ByRef)
   at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(System.String)
   at TOGA_projects.Form1.eval_a()
   at TOGA_projects.Form1..ctor()
   at eval_a.a()

- event id 1000, application error

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Envtex_FS9.exe, Version: 1.1.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5c0ae5d1
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.24548, Zeitstempel: 0x5e3a6982
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000c5af
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1114
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d60b1feca859bd
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\TOGA projects\Envtex for FS9\Envtex_FS9.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: 2bafa58d-7713-11ea-8be5-00248c2e617f