Sign in to follow this  
tankogradets

X-Plane 11 airlines and airports mismatch question

Fellow Simmers -
Does anybody have an advice on how to setup x-plane 11 traffic such that AI air traffic matches the locale?  So I don’t, for example, run into an MD-80 SAS in Juneau, AK.  Thanks in advance!

Max

Hello  Max: That very subject was presented to Laminar  Research.With new advances to X-
Plane,  we might see the changes.For example, people who operate virtual airlines would like see company aircraft parked , while they taxi to the gate.We might see company ground equipment. I'm  just speculating for now. Wait, and see i guess. HAPPY FLYING!!!!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca

That matter is really annoying. I’m looking for a way to edit the World Traffic flights plans to Sunday only flights. That should give us nice and semi realistic static aircraft from Monday to Saturday. 

The static aircraft displayed in X-Plane are drawn from a very limited library of planes and liveries. The scenery artists making airports can specify what kind of planes and liveries SHOULD spawn at a gate...but if X-Plane can´t find one like that (which happens all too often), it picks another one randomly.

So the solution is to:

* make sure the ramp starts properties are correct (designing the airport in WED) to include aircraft category, aircraft size, operations type, airline

* wait for Laminar Research to add more variety of aircraft and liveries so that X-Plane can find a match

or use a third-party library/program to override X-Plane´s default static and/or AI aircraft

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1