Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

REX Environment Force registration

I sent five messages seeking support from REX during the past week, each time I did receive an immediate acknowledgement but never any suggestion or message regarding my problem which is as follows: Since I updated REX EF last week, each time I start it, I get to the registration screen asking for name, license, email address and store of purchase. So in short the registration data is not saved by the system. I visited the REX support forum but was unable to post although I am a member, it was impossible to select the forum in which I wanted to post.

Just to clarify, I start Rex EF as Admin, it is properly isolated from Windows Defender and Firewall, and I even applied the suggestion available on the forum to give full user rights to two files, but to no avail. After inputing the requested registration data, the software operates normally and it "saves" the settings before shutting down my computer session (or so the screen says).

Could anyone shed some light please? Thank you.

REX support is now through a support ticket system not the forum.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks Raymond, I did send five support tickets as mentioned in my message, and because I was getting no answer, I went to the forum where I could not post. Thanks for the clarification.

I am willing to uninstall REX and re-install to see if that solves the problem, could anyone tell me if I should delete the shaders as well, I am concerned that It might delete saved settings done after so many flights with the software...

Edited by Jean-Claude

Hi Jean-Claude, please PM me here on AVSIM your email address used on the correspondence to our support desk and I will look into this.

As of yesterday I noticed all tickets were updated, however, our server glitch last week may have had something to do with this so I apologize in advance if this was so.

In the meantime, please uninstall and reinstall the LATEST full version. Please don't install an older version and update it. 

9 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

I am willing to uninstall REX and re-install to see if that solves the problem, could anyone tell me if should delete the shaders as well, I am concerned that It might delete saved settings done after so many flights with the software...

Uninstalling/reinstalling will not destroy anything as EF leaves the sim untouched at close.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Many thanks, reinstall done and problem solved.

Many thanks for your kind help.

• Like 1

I had the same problem.  What fixed it for me was switching out of auto mode, going into profile and entering my registration info again.  The registration info was missing from my profile even after entering at start up, but once I did it that "second time" under the profile it stopped requesting on start up and seemed to save it okay.