Sign in to follow this  
Raller

Annunciator panel logic improved

I improved the C421 annunciator panel behavior (as described in the AFM) to make it a little more realistic:

• The amber cabin altitude light now advises that cabin altitude is above 10,000 feet
  • The amber left and right hydraulic flow light is now lit when the associated engine is off
  • The green air conditioning hydraulic pressure light now advises that the a/c compressor is in operation (a/c switch to cool)
  • The white courtesy light now advises that the overhead flight deck flood light are illuminated (unfortunately together with the panel light)
  • The amber hydraulic pressure light now advises that hydraulic pressure is being applied to the landing gear retraction and extension system (during gear operation)

anum.jpg

Send me a PM with your email address. Hope you'll like it and please leave a feedback.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

PM on the way!

..and update received... this airplane just keeps getting better!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I added one more function to the annunciator panel:

• The amber heater overheat light illuminates, when the cabin heat is turned on on the side console but not even one of the controls "defrost", "aft" or "fwd" is pulled (it's not totally realistic but ok for me)

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Little insider joke: 😄

Who is Heather? Is she a pilot or a stewardess? And why can she overheat? And if, what is the standard procedure to make her cool down?

• Like 2

I found and corrected another little bug on the panel - the low voltage light.

The AFM says, the red low voltage light advises that the bus voltage is less than 25 volts.

But Alabeo coded it to check just the left generator voltage! I changed it to check now the bus voltage.

To show you how easy it is to do it right: the wrong code-line is this
<Visibility>(A:ELECTRICAL GENALT BUS VOLTAGE:1, volts) 25 &lt;</Visibility>

but it should be this
<Visibility>(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE, volts) 25 &lt;</Visibility>

So Alabeo/Carenado, please pay attention to details 😡

Edited by Raller
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Raller said:

I found and corrected another little bug on the panel - the low voltage light.

The AFM says, the red low voltage light advises that the bus voltage is less than 25 volts.

But Alabeo coded it to check just the left generator voltage! I changed it to check now the bus voltage.

To show you how easy it is to do it right: the wrong code-line is this
<Visibility>(A:ELECTRICAL GENALT BUS VOLTAGE:1, volts) 25 &lt;</Visibility>

but it should be this
<Visibility>(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE, volts) 25 &lt;</Visibility>

So Alabeo/Carenado, please pay attention to details 😡

Ralf,  Any idea how or when the bus voltage might fall below 25 volts?  Maybe when both generators are turned off?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Yes, both generators off and than the volts go down to battery-voltage (24V or even less).

Unfortunately the voltammeter in the side console is also coded incorrectly. It shows left and right generator amps, that's ok. But than it should show BATTERY LOAD (charge or discharg), but it shows bus-amps (in BATT position). Also the last switch position is OFF, but it should show the bus-voltage (the reason why the instrument also has an amps and a volts scalar).
With this you could check the voltage, 28V with both or at least one generator. Battery voltage (24V) if both gens are off or broken (and than the low volt indicator lights up, below 25V).

I made the voltammeter work as expected for myself, but this is hardcore coding within the model.mdl file. One mistake and the file is broke!

voltammeter.jpg

PS: Actually the same as in your car with the red battery warning light (and the low oil pressure light when the engine and thus the alternator and the oil pump stand still 😁 )

Edited by Raller

Tipp: If you hover with your mouse over the white needle, you can read the volts!

If the engine is off and you only have the battery switch on and then wait for 10 minutes, then you will see how the battery voltage drops further and further until the cockpit switches off.

Edited by Raller

Thanks, Ralf, for your advice on the voltammeter.  Interesting stuff!

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"