Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Take a look at those gems - C47 and DC3

1 hour ago, markadeane said:

I am a little confused about the blower high and low settings. I was in the cruise at 4000ft, 30" MAP with the blowers in HI. I switched them to LOW and then re-set 30" MAP. The aircraft then performed better at the equivalent power setting, Perhaps this is a misunderstanding on my part of how the blowers impact on engine performance at lower levels?

From the actual DC-3 manual which I have...

Low blower for starting the engines.

When they are running and warmed up, put it in High and run the engines up to 1,200 rpm then change to High Blower for 30 seconds, then switch back to Low. This tests that the superchargers are working. When in High, the boost pressure should come up a little bit.

Back to Low for the take off roll.

Cruise, switch gear every two hours to clear sludge from the supercharger gear and keep it like that for five minutes. Do not change gear until you've dropped the RPM to 1,700 and put the mixture on auto rich and briefly closed the throttles to prevent over-boosting.

After landing and stopping, set the rpm to 1,200 and go to High gear for 30 seconds, then switch back to Low.

Shutting down: Come back to 800 rpm and let the temps drop below 175 then choose idle cut off.

IHsEYLU.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

23 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

I have it and I love it. More fun then a basket full of speckled puppies. Very detailed with an intuitive virtual FO who will read the check list and perform the function if you don't as well as chastise you if you let the engines overheat due to mismanagement. Flies heavy like you would expect a heavy transport from that era. Nice sound package and a world of liveries to download and install from airlines and military. Very detailed cockpit and there is a more modern panel available all P3DV4 compatible. There is a lot of good documentation comes with the aircraft, technical and historical. Even a virtual stewardess who visits the cockpit.  Unbelievable that it's freeware. 

Apologies to Ed if I watered down this thread but I'm just enthusiastic when this plane comes up and wanted to answer Treetops question.  An obvious labor of love by the developers.

Where can I download the base pachage for this? I'm only getting textures in the library...

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Where can I download the base pachage for this? I'm only getting textures in the library...

Thanks,

Mark

Sim Outhouse. Just Google them.

Vic green

Note that you will will probably need to be registered with Sim-Outhouse to be able to download it. 

T45

Edited by Treetops45

I'm trying...they didn't like my email address, or so it says. :>(

What a shame.  Translates to $95-$100 Canadian unfortunately this is just not on for me at this time. 

Bryan

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I'm trying...they didn't like my email address, or so it says. :>(

Sim-Outhouse can be tricky to get on to initially

Need to the logon to the Flight Center.

Sim-Outhouse.net

Then you logon separately to the Warbirds Library, Sim-Outhouse.com

which is where the Manfred Jahn files are kept. I think, under P3D/P4D Add Ons - Civilian Aircraft.

T45 

Still waiting....

I'm looking at the Aeroheaven bundle right now.

Beautiful aircraft.

Review well in progress, should be uploaded tomorrow with a bit of luck. I am including a comparison with the freeware Manfred Jahn/Jan visser FSX/P3d DC-3, and the payware Just Flight FSX/P3D DC-3 so anyone who has one of those can make an informed decision on whether to pop the cash for this one or stay with what they have got.

In the interim, I can tell you that the new Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 does have a good flight model which, if you have your controller aileron sensitivities lowered a little bit to make it require big control wheel deflections at approach speeds, is very convincing and pleasant to fly. As with pretty much anything else with wings in a flight sim, it's improved a little bit with the addition of A2A's Accufeel to make it rattle and shake a bit more, but even without that, the vc control levers and dials do shake about in a convincing fashion and that effect is a lot better than any other flight sim DC-3 cockpit in terms of making you feel like you are actually 'in' a DC-3 rather than just looking at a picture of one.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

To my horror I have discovered it is the Just Flight DC-3 I have/had. Sorry for bad mouthing something I have no experience of. My very bad. :blush:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Review well in progress, should be uploaded tomorrow with a bit of luck. I am including a comparison with the freeware Manfred Jahn/Jan visser FSX/P3d DC-3, and the payware Just Flight FSX/P3D DC-3 so anyone who has one of those can make an informed decision on whether to pop the cash for this one or stay with what they have got.

In the interim, I can tell you that the new Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 does have a good flight model which, if you have your controller aileron sensitivities lowered a little bit to make it require big control wheel deflections at approach speeds, is very convincing and pleasant to fly. As with pretty much anything else with wings in a flight sim, it's improved a little bit with the addition of A2A's Accufeel to make it rattle and shake a bit more, but even without that, the vc control levers and dials do shake about in a convincing fashion and that effect is a lot better than any other flight sim DC-3 cockpit in terms of making you feel like you are actually 'in' a DC-3 rather than just looking at a picture of one.

Hey Chock-

I just bought the bundle a few hours ago. Beautiful model and love those engines!

Looking forward to your review although I don't think I will regret this purchase.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:24 PM, Treetops45 said:

There are quite a number of Freeware aircraft about that are better than some payware.

sorry to but-in but should we not have a list somewhere of these freeware aircraft that are considered that good

many thanks

3 hours ago, wizzards said:

sorry to but-in but should we not have a list somewhere of these freeware aircraft that are considered that good

many thanks

There are on Youtube  a number of videos on "Best Freeware Aircraft/Scenery/Add Ons for P3D , XP for 2019, 2020 etc & viewing those may be productive for you.

T45

I cannot get this thing started. I followed the YouTube tutorial video exactly and am not getting the same results.

Propellers spin but no ignition when I switch on magnetos. 

I could use some advice on the landing gear operation.

I have no problems lowering or raising the landing gear, but I cannot find out how to set the gear lever in neutral.

According to the manual, after having raised the landing gear, the landing gear lever should by lowered to the mid posistion and the latch should automatically snap from unlatched (Full up) to latched (Mid) position, but I cannot get it to work.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home