Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Take a look at those gems - C47 and DC3

7 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I cannot get this thing started. I followed the YouTube tutorial video exactly and am not getting the same results.

Propellers spin but no ignition when I switch on magnetos. 

Okay, first up, load the plane into the sim and open up the little utility to set it to 'cold and dark' (find that by pressing Shift+1). If you want to go really belt and braces, load up a default aeroplane and then switch to the DC-3 from there just to be sure the sim is all loaded up nicely.

Now, press Shift+E which will open the forward door and will also plug in the ground accumulator trolley (aka the GPU). Now, on the external view, click on the trolley to start it up. Now, in the cockpit, do the following...

set the parking brake

pull both the prop levers all the way back

push the mixture levers all the way forward (note that they have locking levers which you have to undo by clicking on them)

crack the throttle open an inch

on the left overhead...

turn the battery switch to OFF

flick the two engine primer switches ON

on the middle overhead...

press the master start button (located between the two magneto levers) to turn it ON

turn both magneto switches to OFF

on the right overhead...

turn both booster pump switches to ON

Now you are ready to start the engines...

flick the energiser switch down (for the right engine) to energise the starter motor

flick the mesh button down (for the right engine) to engage the clutch and spin the prop

let it spin up to speed by allowing quite a few revolutions of the prop

when the prop is turning fast, switch the right magneto to BOTH

You may need to play with the throttle a bit to get it to fire up

Now do all the same things for the left engine and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah I did all that but something must have been glitched. I reset the sim and it started the next go around. Kind of disappointed with the sounds, seems like they could be a lot better.

Edited by JasonPC

Yup, I agree. It is in need of a patch to make it work a bit more consistently.

Alan Bradbury

Patches available at Simmarket on your product downloads list. Checking it now...

Well, I've checked it, thing still has issues.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

And I'm experiencing a P3D KERNELBASE.dll crash when attempting an engine start. Where is the best place for support?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, RudiJG1 said:

And I'm experiencing a P3D KERNELBASE.dll crash when attempting an engine start. Where is the best place for support?

They prefer to support people via: help@aeroplaneheaven.com Or you could try posting on their facebook page

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

I am very disappointed in this.  Very buggy, Sim crashes when I try to start, sounds of various switches that go on forever, the starting sequence is not true to the actual dc-3.

Gorgeous graphics, but that's about it.

Lon Dunccombe 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, Chock said:

Review well in progress, should be uploaded tomorrow with a bit of luck. I am including a comparison with the freeware Manfred Jahn/Jan visser FSX/P3d DC-3, and the payware Just Flight FSX/P3D DC-3 so anyone who has one of those can make an informed decision on whether to pop the cash for this one or stay with what they have got.

In the interim, I can tell you that the new Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 does have a good flight model which, if you have your controller aileron sensitivities lowered a little bit to make it require big control wheel deflections at approach speeds, is very convincing and pleasant to fly. As with pretty much anything else with wings in a flight sim, it's improved a little bit with the addition of A2A's Accufeel to make it rattle and shake a bit more, but even without that, the vc control levers and dials do shake about in a convincing fashion and that effect is a lot better than any other flight sim DC-3 cockpit in terms of making you feel like you are actually 'in' a DC-3 rather than just looking at a picture of one.

Hey Alan...looking forward to your review...not going to buy until then.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

51 minutes ago, flytriman said:

Hey Alan...looking forward to your review...not going to buy until then.

Thanks,

Garry

Taking a bit longer than expected owing to issues with it, which obviously I will cover, but I want it to be fair too of course, rather than simply pointing out any flaws.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

That’s exactly what I need...thorough and fair.  I consider the MJ model, and A2A, to be the gold standards so want to see where this falls.

Thanks.

Garry

Garry Lundberg

This definitely isn't A2A quality. It has potential but definitely many flaws at this point.

8 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

This definitely isn't A2A quality. It has potential but definitely many flaws at this point.

AH works now on the patch. Maybe not very soon but it will be finally what is very good, so we can wait a little with the final verdict ;).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Okay, just finalising my review and will be uploading it shortly. In the meantime I can tell you that having been in touch with AH, they have told me that the options panel which has the 'cold and dark' switch on it is causing the glitch and that they are patching it ASAP. Will let you guys know when the review is up later.

Alan Bradbury

Good news too.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I can't even reliably start this plane. Really feeling ripped off. That feeling of remorse you get like when you buy Carenado.

LOL my second attempt ended up hurdling the plane into orbit! This is really bad!

Edited by JasonPC