Sign in to follow this  
CaptainBanages

Emergency Vehicle performs its own airshow

So this happens everytime I call the fire truck at most airports. I'm assuming its having trouble finding a route to the runway? Entertaining at least.

Edited by byork

The use of that title, in it's implied meaning, would be offensive to many people, and in the UK would probably be a criminal offence, as language that offends, or is likely to offend a person with a disability.

Suggest the mods consider this.

Edited by Biggles2010
  • Upvote 1

John B

"spastic

noun [ C ]

uk /ˈspæs.tɪk/ us /ˈspæs.tɪk/

offensive old-fashioned

someone who suffers from cerebral palsy (= a condition of the body that makes it difficult to control the muscles):

He was born a spastic as the result of a difficult birth.

offensive informal

a stupid or clumsy person"

As a person who has this, I have no problem with the word. I was under the "Spastic Society" growing up in the 70's. The SS (oh dear) has since changed to Scope.

I personally don't find the word offensive but I can understand those who do.

I'm sure the op meant no offence, so give him a break.

Rich

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

It's definitely inappropriate. But if there is one thing that I find more offensive is people running off to the politize to complain they have been offended in the hope that a wholly disproportionate punishment is meted out on the so called offending party as if the holier than thou crowd where above reproach. Well don't worry everyone's dirty little secrets get exposed some day. I remember back in my school days, even the teacher didn't like the snitches.

Edited by Quasimodo

No intent to offend, and I have friends who have CP. It means something different across the pond and isn't necessarily considered offensive, a spastic colon, spastic muscles, etc. If someone can change the title I'd appreciate it. Some examples how its used in North America.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spastic#synonyms

Definition of spastic

1a: of, relating to, characterized by, or affected with or as if with spasm
b: characterized by hypertonic muscles

2: SPASMODIC
a spastic influx of data
Edited by CaptainBanages

2 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

It's definitely inappropriate. But if there is one thing that I find more offensive is people running off to the politize to complain they have been offended in the hope that a wholly disproportionate punishment is meted out on the so called offending party as if the holier than thou crowd where above reproach. Well don't worry everyone's dirty little secrets get exposed some day. I remember back in my school days, even the teacher didn't like the snitches.

Please read my post again. I was questioning the appropriateness of the title, as I made quite clear. I was not 'personally' offended and your accusations are misplaced.

John B

38 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Please read my post again. I was questioning the appropriateness of the title, as I made quite clear. I was not 'personally' offended and your accusations are misplaced.

Leave to the moderators. If you're not personally offended I don't see what you're carrying on about.

David Porrett

As it was used, it is pretty clearly referring to awkward, spasmodic movement, not used as a slur against a disabled person.  Context does matter.

No foul here.  Please move along.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 minutes ago, w6kd said:

As it was used, it is pretty clearly referring to awkward, spasmodic movement, not used as a slur against a disabled person.  Context does matter.

No foul here.  Please move along.

Should never assume. 🙂

About the fire truck, maybe it took a route with an issue in it, this could be because of your location or a problem with the airport's layout. What airport's ID, and if it is 3rd party airport which is it?, and in which runway you were located?, so we can attempt to reproduce a similar behaivor

Manuel

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

About the fire truck, maybe it took a route with an issue in it, this could be because of your location or a problem with the airport's layout. What airport's ID, and if it is 3rd party airport which is it?, and in which runway you were located?, so we can attempt to reproduce a similar behaivor

Manuel

FlyTampa TNCM RWY 10 it went into the middle of the bay, and ORBX LOWI Runway 26. Both have midfield taxiway's, both times I was stopped at the threshold?

Edited by CaptainBanages

On a lighter note, I thought the fire truck air show was amusing!  😄

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Manual was testing the new software 😃

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX