Sign in to follow this  
karim_

P3D and my pc performance

Hello guyz,

So I am in a bit of a doubt here.
I am trying to get p3dv4.5 as smooth as I can, but I don't seem to succeed in it.
My specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
AMD FX-8320 Eight core processor 4.32 Ghz OC'd
16GB DDR memory
GTX -1060 6GB
1000GB HDD Harddrive

I cannot get more than 20 fps in a PMDG 737 NGxu, the wingview goes up to 40 fps which looks nice..

Do you think this is normal? Maybe it is..

If someone knows more about it, it is much appreciated.

Thanks &

Take care,

Karim

Yep, from this old FX processor, it is probably the most you get without lowering the settings even further.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Okay guys, thank you for the quick response!

I will try to search what suits best with that card

Just be aware that replacing this CPU most probably results in buying also new RAM, a new mainboard and ideally also a new PSU...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi,

I already installed a new mainboard a year or two ago, im gonna go for AMD fx-9370 CPU (it was the only one avail on AM3+ socket (old) , with my GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB RAM. The cpu/gpu combi gave a good score on pc-builds.com and not much bottleneck.

I think it can improve the quality of the game just a little bit..

Do you agree?

Greetz

No, I do not agree. This FX processor is equally old and basically a heater, you might run into troubles cooling this CPU. Either replace everything with something up to date or lower the settings.

Greetings, Chris

Haha okay thanks!
They even cancelled my order because they don't have that anymore 😂

Im gonna try to put a new desktop together by myself for p3d then, I want the sliders to the right as far as possible.. I think I will go for AMD mainboard, they make good products imo..
Something like: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Thanks again for your support

Something else, I changed a monitor (Samsung S24B150BL LED 60Hz) from 24'' to 32'' (LED TV TX-32DS500B) Screen resolution 1,366 (W) x 768 (H)

how can I get my screen as clear as possible? What settings can I change in P3D and tv-settings?

Tnx!

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:38 PM, karim_ said:

Something like: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Again no. Seriously, read some review and stop thinking about buying old stuff ;-) Either go for an AMD Ryzen 3700X, 3800X or if the budget allows, for a 3900X. If you have to closely watch the budget, you might consider a 3600X and not an X570 mobo but one of the earlier generation (there, old is ok ;-)). Might be worth coming back here to ask if your intended upgrade is ok, it would really be a pity if you waste your money for buying the wrong stuff...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris