Sign in to follow this  
VosDaan

Quality Wings 787 performance P3D V4.5

Hi all,

I am curious to hear what the recent opinions are regarding the performance of the QW 787. Owning the PMDG 744, I would like to add another lang-haul airplane to the virtual hangar which offers more possibilities in routes and airlines. I have read several forums about the FPS and performance impact of QW's 787, especially in comparison with PMDG's 747. However, these forums are mostly around 2018, and I would love to hear how it is performing after the most recent updates.

Perhaps good to mention is that the PMDG 747 runs at 30 fps at the ground at Flytampa Amsterdam, and offers a very smooth experience. For me, the smoothness is very important, and stuttering movements could ruin the fun experience.

Please share your perspectives! 

Cheers,

VosDaan

33 minutes ago, VosDaan said:

Hi all,

I am curious to hear what the recent opinions are regarding the performance of the QW 787. Owning the PMDG 744, I would like to add another lang-haul airplane to the virtual hangar which offers more possibilities in routes and airlines. I have read several forums about the FPS and performance impact of QW's 787, especially in comparison with PMDG's 747. However, these forums are mostly around 2018, and I would love to hear how it is performing after the most recent updates.

Perhaps good to mention is that the PMDG 747 runs at 30 fps at the ground at Flytampa Amsterdam, and offers a very smooth experience. For me, the smoothness is very important, and stuttering movements could ruin the fun experience.

Please share your perspectives! 

Cheers,

VosDaan

She works well. No discernible FPS loss for me.  Stays around 30 FPS for me as well. Just flew her into Incheon.

swQUb47.jpg

Edited by DylanC
  • Like 2

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

18 hours ago, DylanC said:

She works well. No discernible FPS loss for me.  Stays around 30 FPS for me as well. Just flew her into Incheon.

Nice one Dylan! Thanks for your input. 

In my case FPS are better. Depends on a lot of factors. Really like her, very easy to grease, THE ONLY aircraft to have a HUD on both captains and FO's side.get immersion for it, really increases the immersion .

Hi,

My experience on the QW 787 is that my screens in the VC are not very nice, the displays stutter(refresh rate) and flicker(on top of all the displays a black long square), and I think there is something wrong with my PC, maybe.

I like the systems and details however not all details are simulated, The vnav lnav can be a little better in terms of thinking upfront and anticipating (sometimes turns and desc/clbs are a bit too quick imo.. but maybe this has to do with my experience and PC.

When I see LH340fan's pc specs, his fps are better, can you tell me how many fps you get on addon airport? and how are your screens (ND,PFD, lower MFD) the refresh rate of the displays?
I found your cpu/gpu is Average bottleneck percentage: 74.2% : https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core2_Quad_Q9650/GeForce_GTX_1060/0gW0Velu/8/

I don't know honestly why my displays are like I desribe before, maybe anyone can give me some tips?

I am running windows 7, fx8320 @4.3ghz, gtx 1060 6gb, 1000gb hdd, 16gb ram, 60 hz monitor..

Thanks.