Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Start Locks

OK, I'm an word not allowed. I drive the Flysimware Garrett planes that have start locks modeled, but I cannot for the life of me get this Alabeo plan to disengage the start locks.

Please, what's the trick that I'm missing?

I should mention that I have been moving the throttles to beta over and over, leaving them there for years, and the "word not allowed" locks won't disengage. I'm using Bill's mod.

Edited by rightseat

As IRL, move the power levers into reverse to disengage them. 

Looks like the throttles and condition levers do nothing with Bill's mods in place. I uninstalled and ran the default setup (no mods). I had no problems getting in and out of lock and the throttles and condition levers worked properly. Re-installed Bill's mods per the instructions, and the problems come back. Maybe those don't work with the latest version of the Conquest or P3d. I can't sort out what the disconnect is.

Anyone else seeing this from Bill's mods? I even looked through the forum to see his alternate start procedure, and that didn't work either.

In fact, if I load the plane with the engines running, I can operate the throttles and they move fine, I just get no power. If I move the throttles into beta/reverse, then the throttles lock up like the start locks are engaged, and there is no way in "word not allowed" they will come out of lock....

Edited by rightseat

31 minutes ago, rightseat said:

DOES NOT WORK. Did you read what I wrote?

Seriously? Did you notice that I replied before you edited your post?

Edited by FDEdev

Seriously. Even before the edit, it said I know how to get start locks off garrett powered engines. 

I think I have determined that because Bill's mod used a fuel flow hack, and with an update from Alb-o, that hack won't work in P3dv4.

But, it may still work in Fsx, so I'll try it there. Anyone else using Bill's mod in P3dv4 and having success?