Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Thrust settings for CON/CLB

Hi.

I am a newbie to this aircraft and am gradually learning how to handle the beautiful Phenom. I have a few questions about the CON/CLB thrust settings.

• First of all, what is CON? According to the official Phenom G1000 manual this stands for "continuous". But what does this mean, and when is it used? Clearly it must be similar to the climb setting, as it is in the same power detent range.
  • When I advance the power levers the indicator on the MFD shows first CRZ, then CON, then TO. It doesn't show CLB. Is that correct? 
  • I have noticed that if I click on the SYSTEM soft key on the MFD, then the ENG SET soft key, I then have options for CON and CLB. Clicking on the CLB soft key then makes the CLB indicator appear on the MFD. Similarly if I click on the CON soft key the CON indicator appears. However if I then pull back the power levers I cannot get back to CRZ or idle thrust - either CON or CLB remain on the MFD. Is this a bug? What is the correct use of the CON and CLB soft keys? 

I would appreciate your help so that I can get to grips with the first part of the flight. My next lesson will be the descent and presumably the use of VNAV. Thanks.

Adrian

Climb and Max continues thrust have the identical RPM limit. AFAIR even identical ITT limits but I'm not sure about that.

If you click on CLB or CON it displays the current thrust limit and I don't know if the FADEC on the real aircraft automatically limits the thrust according to the indicators or if you have to adjust the thrust levers on your own. 

The displayed thrust limit increases with altitude in the real aircraft, but I don't think that it does in the Carenado version.